Preposition Resources

[voorzetsels]
Do we buy our train tickets 'in' or 'op' the station? Do we ask 'voor' or 'om' informatie?
westopher
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English (United States)
Second language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Preposition Resources

Post by westopher » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

I was wondering if anyone is aware of a truly comprehensive, truly complete online resource for learning prepositions and proper use with examples? Something along the lines of Bieneke's work on this site?

While I still have much to learn with Dutch, and a lot of vocabulary to acquire, I feel I'm well-equipped with self-study materials and resources at this point for everything... Except prepositions. And because they simply don't work quite the same way as English, the whole matter of aan, bij, uit, om, op, in, af, toe, etc., etc., etc. is cloudy and overwhelming. IM'ing with my Dutch friends is getting easier, but I just am not picking-up the prepositional stuff well.

Any pertinent URLs or other advice on this are welcome. I'd prefer to have something comprehensive at my fingertips instead of continuing to shoot in the dark.

Wes

Sandra
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Spain
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)
Second language: Spanish
Third language: English
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Catalaans, Italiaans

Re: Preposition Resources

Post by Sandra » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:13 pm

westopher
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English (United States)
Second language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by westopher » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 am

Dank u wel, Sandra.

The Muiswerk site seems perfect. My Dutch is not yet good enough to grasp the explanations without effort, but sort of defining the way each is used, and the providing actual examples in sentence structure, is exactly what I was looking for. And figuring-out each definition and example is good practice, too. :)

Best,

Wes

Gules
Waardevol lid
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Dutch

Post by Gules » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 am

Ik weet dat dit een laat antwoord is, maar kijk je hier als je nog steeds hulp nodig hebben:

http://taalblad.be/woordleer/de-prepositie-lijst

Groetjes,

Gules

BuChD
Lid
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)
Second language: French
Third language: English

Post by BuChD » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:45 am

Gules wrote:Ik weet dat dit een laat antwoord is, maar kijk je hier als je nog steeds hulp nodig hebben:
Kleine correctie: "Ik weet dat dit een laat antwoord is, maar kijk hier als je nog steeds hulp nodig hebt"

rsbbr
Lid
Mother tongue: Basque

Post by rsbbr » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 pm

I would love a list with examples.

Somethings for me are very particular of the dutch language. Like "Ik kijk naar de tv" or "Ik abonneren op".

Can someone make a list of how the most common prepositions are used? I will only get it if I know it by heart. I can read what they mean, but still I can't use them well.