If you have any plans to move to Holland or if you have already settled there, this is the place to discuss the Inburgeringsexamen ('integration' exam for immigrants), NT2 (Dutch as a second language), and studying at Flemish or Dutch schools and universities.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 am
Country of residence: South Africa
Mother tongue: Afrikaans
Second language: English
Gender: Female


Post by Stellabr » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:12 am

I am a South African citizen and I have been married for nine years. My husband has dual citizenship (South Africa/Netherlands). We both live and work in South Africa.
I would also like to get Dutch citizenship. I am looking at language courses to do but I am not sure what steps I should take to get citizenship?
Thank you!

User avatar
Retired moderator
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:51 pm
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)
Location: Belgium

Re: Inburgering

Post by Quetzal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:33 am

That's an interesting situation... may not be that easy to answer. I wonder if it would even be possible, without moving to the Netherlands. But then, I don't know much about the topic (I'm not even Dutch, come to that). Curious to see if anyone can actually answer this.

User avatar
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Gender: Male
Location: Heemstede

Re: Inburgering

Post by adappel » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi Stella

PLease contact me through personal mail.
I think I can help you and within some months you can have what you wish.
In 2013 things change, do not wait.
Ad Appel

Specialist NT2 examens
Docent NT2
Specialist inburgeringsexamens

Post Reply