Residence permit questions

If you have any plans to move to Holland or if you have already settled there, this is the place to discuss the Inburgeringsexamen ('integration' exam for immigrants), NT2 (Dutch as a second language), and studying at Flemish or Dutch schools and universities.
patches
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Canada
Mother tongue: English (Canada)
Second language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Residence permit questions

Post by patches » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:31 am

I just want to double check something.

Under https://ind.nl/EN/individuals/residence ... d-partners it says:

'You have passed the Civic Integration Examination Abroad or you are exempt from this examination.'

When I click on the link describing the Civic Integration Examination Abroad, it says that I need to take it if I need a mvv. This seems to imply that I don't have to take it if I don't need a mvv to stay in the Netherlands. I'm a Canadian citizen, so I'm exempt from the mvv requirement. So am I also exempt from the Examination Abroad requirement? I assume I am exempt, but I want to make sure.

I just don't want to realize at the last minute that I read it wrong when applying for residency and realize that I suddenly need to pass a (fairly expensive) exam before getting a residence permit. :)

I know I need to take the inburgeringsexamen before about 3 years and I've been working on my Dutch for that, but whether or not I need to take an exam before that is slightly confusing to me.

said21687
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United Arab Emirates
Mother tongue: Arabic
Second language: English
Third language: English

Re: Residence permit questions

Post by said21687 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 am

hello i need help please and i am really confused and i do not understand any thing ...

i am married to a dutch lady and she is living in holland and i am lebanese and i am living in dubai .. i am working and she is working
and i find it difficult to learn the language or even pass the exam but i did not try the exam

but my question is how long will you think it will take for me to go and live with my wife under one roof
or is their any way i can live in holland with my wife with out any hussel free

please i need help
thanks