High School Diploma For Foreign Students

Here you can ask questions or share your expertise about Dutch and Flemish university courses, the educational system, tuition fees, study grants & loans, and English language programs.
Styx
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Italy
Mother tongue: Italian
Second language: English (United States)

High School Diploma For Foreign Students

Post by Styx » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 pm

So I was thinking of moving to Amsterdam and stuff, only problem is I'm 26 years old and I haven't finished high school yet still have 1 year to go, is possible to get the equivalent of the GED diploma in Holland and then go to college there?

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Re: High School Diploma For Foreign Students

Post by Quetzal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Styx wrote:So I was thinking of moving to Amsterdam and stuff, only problem is I'm 26 years old and I haven't finished high school yet still have 1 year to go, is possible to get the equivalent of the GED diploma in Holland and then go to college there?
I did a quick search because I'm not really familiar with how these things work in the Netherlands, but it seems to be much the same as in Flanders: there are schools that will allow adults to obtain a secondary education degree (you should search for "ROCs", "regionale opleidingscentra"). Whether that is much easier than just doing the final year in your current country, is a different question.

Either way, you may have to take some entrance exams depending on what you studied in high school and what you wish to study in college, and for sure you'll have to pass the NT2-II exam. In Flanders we have a rule that having done the final year of secondary education in a Flemish high school will get your Dutch-language entrance exam waived, but I'm not sure if that's also the case in the Netherlands.

palikala
Waardevol lid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Slovak
Second language: English (United States)

Post by palikala » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 pm

College here is hogeshcool (HBO) and universiteit (WO). Unless you have full high school diploma from your country you have to pass toelatingsexam (entrance exam)

snowball
Superlid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by snowball » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 am

In the Netherlands you can do an admission exam for university if you're 21 or older and do not have a diploma that grants direct access.
This is called 'colloquium doctum' and you can probably get more information about it at the faculty you want to enroll at.
It's not a generic exam, but specific to the field you've chosen to study. I've no idea what is tested or at what level.

almaskami
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: Urdu

Post by almaskami » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:17 am

I'm not from Stevenston but I've never heard of the Ardeer Rec School.

Arlene123
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Spanish

Post by Arlene123 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 am

almaskami wrote:I'm not from Stevenston but I've never heard of the Ardeer Rec School.
Yes i also heard about this school which is offering GED.

asifali
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: Turkish

Post by asifali » Thu May 28, 2015 12:55 pm

In this time western countries are to alert for providing diploma or degree to Asian, because last few year many fake university provide il leagel online degree for providing to students, this time west should arrange latest and secure technologies for online diploma courses.

asifali
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: Turkish

Post by asifali » Fri May 29, 2015 12:48 pm

This time we need to high alert from west, now we can not more loss of fake work of west
Sargodha Board SSC Part 2 Result 2015