nederlands voor buitenlanders

Here you can ask questions or share your expertise about Dutch and Flemish university courses, the educational system, tuition fees, study grants & loans, and English language programs.
Daisy
Waardevol lid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: English

nederlands voor buitenlanders

Post by Daisy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:26 pm

i have been doing this home course for about 7 months now and it is going rather slow. I would not recommed anyone spending money on this course. There are 45 lessons and I am only on lesson 13! First of all you have to read and understand the story. Then you have to answer a few questions about the story, then fill in the blanks in another exercise. You can listen to the audio cds or tapes (very basic personal tape player is supplied that you cannot record your voice on :evil: ) with these storys. The software has the stories and spoken dialogue but you can only hear indvidual sentences or the whole paragraph. You can click on each word for the meaning but you cannot hear single words, sometimes the meanings are different to what is in the exercise book :-( The spoken language is quite fast so it is very difficult to distiniguish what is being said as you cannot slow down the speech. Again it has the same exercise in the book in completing the blanks. There is one more lesson on the software cd which is that you have to type what is being said. You can only hear the sentence once and they are usually quite long so often enough I get a low score which really makes you want to throw the course material out the window. This is a very basic course. The sentence and grammar structure is not explained in english in each lesson, only in dutch at the beginning of the book, quite a long section to read at take in at one go.... so I will not fully understand how to write or speak full sentences until I am on lesson 45, by then I should be able to read the dutch grammar section, if and only it is explained clearly which I don't know yet. You have to write your answers to the question in the book as well as the exercise with the blanks. Then you have another book with similar questions which you have to answer by recording yourself on tape. You have to post your written work and tape to the tutor and this can take some time to return. They correct you errors but it is not explained to you, they respond in dutch on your homework with green pen :roll: which is not much use when you are just started learning dutch, oh if you want an explanation, just phone the tutor, no, that would be more money to spend. So save your money and see if you can get something to keep you motivated, something to learn you at a fast pace, something enjoyable and fun, something that the costs don't stop mounting up after you already paid for a years course... Good luck to learners like me. Before I forget they supply you with one pad for writing your homework, there is two separate bundles of envelopes for sending and one for returning your homework, you have to pay postage for sending as well as returning homework which is about 3 euros 5 cents, costly each time!!!! The most lessons you can send at a time is 3. As well if you run out of writing paper and envelopes, you have to pay for extra ones from their website. They don't supply you with a personal cd player. I had to borrow a tape recorder and personal cd player from a friend as I spent enough on postage already. Also the software is for PC only and cannot be installed on your computer, you have to run it directly from your cd drive, so if you have a MAC, it will be no use, the software has a tendancy to crash quite a lot. Sorry if this message is jumbled and confusing, it has lifted a big weight off my shoulders...

Tom
Retired moderator
Country of residence: United States
Second language: Dutch (Flanders)

Which course is it?

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:52 pm

Wow! I take it that you were not satisfied!

I searched for "nederlands voor buitenlanders" and found several courses with that in it. Could you give a web address so we are sure which one you mean? I am pretty sure nobody wants to try this one after your experience.

Thanks,
Tom

Daisy
Waardevol lid

Webstie for Nederlands voor buitenlanders

Post by Daisy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:51 am

http://www.nti.nl/NTInternet/Cursussen/ ... anders.htm

The course I am studying is "van NT2-niveau 0>2 beginners Nederlands voor buitenlanders".

This course cost me euros 432.25 ct! I cannot find an option on the above website to translate the info into english so I think you will manage as your dutch is much better than mine :)

Thanks for replying to my message.

Daisy

iandominicp77
Waardevol lid

Post by iandominicp77 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:06 am

Hallo Daisy,

Have you tried Prisma Book voor anderstalingen? It's a self study book.... Maybe you can ask some of your friends if they have it....

Your post is indeed very discouraging especially that I will be returning to the Netherlands next week and have to formally start mijn nederlands les..... Anyway, self-study is indeed super irritant aside from being zo moeilijkheid!!!!

Succes joh!!!

ian
Veel succes met nederlands leren!!!

iandominicp77
Waardevol lid

Post by iandominicp77 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:07 am

:) Hallo Allemaal,

I've just a word from Albeda College, hier in Ridderkerk, that it's possible for me to start the dutch course.... My fiance and I are now trying to make the necessary arrangements for the said cursus. We also have to arrange something with the gemeente.

I guess my self-study clock is ticking it's last ticks.... hopefully.

ian
Veel succes met nederlands leren!!!

singerin
Waardevol lid
Mother tongue: Russian
Second language: English
Third language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by singerin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:56 am

Ik probeerde het juiste thema te vinden. Ik denk dat dit het goede is. Ik wil mijn indruk geven over mijn toets op school.
Het is een beetje moeilijk om alles wat ik wil zeggen in Nederlands te schrijven. Ik kan proberen. Ik vind het niet leuk, als ik fouten maak. Als je vreemde taal moet leren, maak je meestal fouten.  Op vrijdag heb ik de toets voor schrijven en lezen gedaan. Ik heb de toetsen voor niveau 3 gekregen.

Ik ga naar school sinds 1 september 2006. Ik moest heel lang op de cursus wachten . Ik kwam naar Nederland in Februari 2006. Ik leerde Nederland thuis zonder leraar. Toen ik naar Nederland kwam, kon ik alleen lezen en schrijven in het Nederlands. Misschien kon ik iets zeggen maar ik was te bang wegens de uitspraak. In juni heb ik een uitnodiging voor mijn  inburgeringcursus gekregen. In het begin dacht ik dat ik  alles op nieuw op school kan leren. Maar ik heb twee mogelijkheden gekregen. Ik kon alles op nieuw leren of ik kon de toets maken. Ik dacht:"Waarom niet." Het bleek dat het resultaat van mijn toets niveau 2 was. Ik begreep alles wat docent zei, maar ik kon niet spreken. Dus kreeg ik de toets alleen voor lezen en schrijven. Daarna moest ik wachten totdat de vakantie op school is afgelopen.
In september begon ik Nederlands op school te leren.  Één maand geleden begon ik een beetje Nederlands op school te praten.

De toets die ik op vrijdag heb gedaan, was niet zo moeilijk. Maar ik haat meerkeuze toetsen. Schrijven was niet moeilijk maar ik weet, dat ik minstens twee fouten heb gemaakt.  Bijvoorbeeld ik moest een brief schrijven.  Ik wil mijn verjaardag vieren en ik moet mijn buren waarschuwen dat misschien ik een beetje lawaai kan maken.
Of ik moest mij voorstellen dat ik als makelaar werkte. Ik moest uit 3 woningen kiezen. Daarna moest ik de beste woning  voor de klanten beschrijven.
Dit was niet moeilijk. Maar lezen.  :mad: Wat kan ik zeggen. Meerkeuze toets. Ik begreep alles, wat in de tekst stond. Maar sommige vragen waren een beetje ingewikkeld.

Gisteren heb ik spreektoets gedaan. Die bestaat uit 2 delen. In de eerste deel moest ik 2-3 zinnen zeggen. In tweede moest ik een beetje meer zeggen.  Ik denk dat ik ben gezakt. De bedoeling van de toets is zo snel mogelijk op de vraag te reageren. Ik heb een boekje met kleine verhaaltjes gekregen. Ik moest naar een baantje luisteren en lezen. Daarna kreeg ik 15 seconden om na te denken en 30 seconden om te spreken. De eerste deel van de toets was niet zo moeilijk om te begrijpen wat ik moet zeggen of  hoe ik moet reageren. Als ik meer tijd had gekregen, zou ik beter gereageerd heb. Maar helaas (pindakaas).  :D
Als ik moet gewoon met iemand praten, dan heb ik niet zo veel problemen met spreken. Maar tijdens de toets was ik zenuwachting. Ik kon niet zo goed concentreren. De woordvolgorde was vreselijk. Ik heb onzin gezegd.  :D

I was trying to find the right subject. I think this one is the right one. Just want to share my impressions of my test at school. It's difficult to write everything that I want to sat in Dutch. I can try. I don't like making mistakes. In most cases you make mistakes if you learn foreighn lenguage. I got the test for reading and writing on friday. I got he tests for third level.
I go to school since 1 of September 2006. I had to wait very long for the courses.. I came to the Netherlands in February 2006. I learnt Dutch at home without any help of the teacher. When I came to the Netherlands I could only read and write in Dutch. Maybe I could say something  but I was too scared because of the pronunciation. In July I got the invitation for the language courses. At the beginning I thought that I would start learning Dutch all over again. But I got two opportunities. I could start all over again or I could take a test. I thought:”Why not.” It’s appeared that according to the results of the test  I got second level. I understood everything that  teacher said but I couldn’t speak. So I got the test only for reading and writing. Then I had to wait before the holidays at school were over.
In September I began learning Dutch at school. One month later I began speaking a little bit of Dutch at school.

The test I took on Friday wasn’t so difficult. But I don't like multiple-choice tests. Writing wasn’t difficult but I know that I made at least two mistakes. For example I had to write a letter. I want  to celebrate my birthday and I must notify my neighbours that maybe I will make a little bit of noise.  
Or I had to imagine that I work as estate agent. I had to choose between 3 apartments. Then I had to describe the best apartment for the clients.That wasn’t difficult. But reading. :mad: What can I say. Multiple-choice test. I understood that was written in the text. But some questions were a little bit difficult.

Yesterday I took the speaking test. It consists of 2 parts. In the first part I had to say 2-3 sentences. In second part I had to say a little bit more. I think that I failed. The meaning of the test is to react as fast as possible to the questions. I got a book with short stories. I had to listen to the tape and read. Then I got 15 seconds tot think and 30 seconds to answer. The first part wasn’t so difficult to understand what I must say or how I must react. If I  had more time, I could’ve  better react. But unfirtunatly. If I had to speak tos omebody in person then I don’t have so many problems with speaking. But during the test I was nervous. I coiuldn’t concentrate. The woord order was awful. I said nonsense.
:D

Olichka
Superlid
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Second language: Ukrainian

Post by Olichka » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:04 pm

Hoi Singerin,

Wat voor toets heb je gedaan? Was het NT2?
Ik ben benieuwed omdat ik ook nederlands aan het leren ben en in February wil ik NT2 proberen te doen.

Kom je uit Rusland? Ik kom uit Oekraine. Тогда будем знакомы.

Groetjes,
Olga

singerin
Waardevol lid
Second language: English
Third language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by singerin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Hoi. Olichka. Ik heb geschreven dat ik de doets op school heb gedaan. Ik ga naar ROC. Maar de doets die ik heb gekregen was een voorbeel van NT2 examen voor 1998. De toests was een beetje veranderd. Op deze website kunt u het voorbeel vand NT2 examen downloaden om te oefenen.
http://www.expertisecentrumnt2.nl/staat/

succes.  :)
Last edited by singerin on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olichka
Superlid
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Second language: Ukrainian

Post by Olichka » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:18 pm

Beadankt!

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Post by Quetzal » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:58 pm

singerin wrote:Ik probeerde het juiste thema te vinden. Ik denk dat dit het goede is. Ik wil mijn indruk geven over mijn toets op school.
Het is een beetje moeilijk om alles wat ik wil zeggen in het Nederlands te schrijven. Ik kan proberen. Ik vind het niet leuk, als ik fouten maak. Als je een vreemde taal moet leren, maak je meestal fouten.  Op vrijdag heb ik de toets voor schrijven en lezen gedaan. Ik heb de toetsen voor niveau 3 gekregen.

Ik ga naar school sinds 1 september 2006. Ik moest heel lang op de cursus wachten . Ik kwam naar Nederland in Februari 2006. Ik leerde Nederlands thuis zonder leraar. Toen ik naar Nederland kwam, kon ik alleen lezen en schrijven in het Nederlands. Misschien kon ik iets zeggen maar ik was te bang durfde niet wegens de omwille van mijn uitspraak. In juni heb ik een uitnodiging voor mijn  inburgeringcursus gekregen. In het begin dacht ik dat ik alles op nieuw opnieuw op school kan kon leren. Maar ik heb twee mogelijkheden gekregen. Ik kon alles op nieuw opnieuw leren of ik kon de toets maken. Ik dacht:"Waarom niet." Het bleek dat het resultaat van mijn toets niveau 2 was. Ik begreep alles wat de docent zei, maar ik kon niet spreken. Dus kreeg ik alleen de toets alleen voor lezen en schrijven. Daarna moest ik wachten totdat de vakantie op school schoolvakantie is was afgelopen.
In september begon ik Nederlands op school te leren.  Één maand geleden begon ik een beetje Nederlands op school te praten.

De toets die ik op vrijdag heb gedaan, was niet zo moeilijk. Maar ik haat meerkeuzetoetsen. Schrijven was niet moeilijk maar ik weet, dat ik minstens twee fouten heb gemaakt.  Bijvoorbeeld ik moest een brief schrijven.  Ik wil mijn verjaardag vieren en ik moet mijn buren waarschuwen dat misschien ik een beetje lawaai kan maken.
Of ik moest mij voorstellen dat ik als makelaar werkte. Ik moest uit 3 woningen kiezen. Daarna moest ik de beste woning  voor de klanten beschrijven.
Dit was niet moeilijk. Maar lezen.  :mad: Wat kan ik zeggen. Meerkeuzetoets. Ik begreep alles, wat in de tekst stond. Maar sommige vragen waren een beetje ingewikkeld.

Gisteren heb ik spreektoets gedaan. Die bestaat uit 2 delen. In de het eerste deel moest ik 2-3 zinnen zeggen. In het tweede moest ik een beetje meer zeggen.  Ik denk dat ik ben gezakt ben. De bedoeling van de toets is zo snel mogelijk op de vraag te reageren. Ik heb een boekje met kleine verhaaltjes gekregen. Ik moest naar een baantje bandje luisteren en lezen. Daarna kreeg ik 15 seconden om na te denken en 30 seconden om te spreken. De Het eerste deel van de toets was niet zo moeilijk (om te begrijpen wat ik moet zeggen of  hoe ik moet reageren). Als ik meer tijd had gekregen, zou ik beter gereageerd heb hebben. Maar helaas (pindakaas).  :D
Als ik moet gewoon met iemand moet praten, dan heb ik niet zo veel problemen met spreken. Maar tijdens de toets was ik zenuwachting. Ik kon me niet zo goed concentreren. De woordvolgorde was vreselijk. Ik heb onzin gezegd.  :D
Je maakt niet veel fouten, singerin... je hebt net zoals Olichka wat moeite met de lidwoorden, ik neem aan dat dat vanwege het Russisch is. Verder moet je opletten dat je consequent bent met de tijden van het werkwoord: geen verleden tijd en tegenwoordige tijd door elkaar gebruiken. (Maar natuurlijk schrijf je al op een gevorderd niveau, dus het zijn meestal geen grote fouten).

Er is een zin tussen haakjes - haakjes = ( ) - die ik niet helemaal snap.