Dutch as a second language year course

Here you can ask questions or share your expertise about Dutch and Flemish university courses, the educational system, tuition fees, study grants & loans, and English language programs.
eZo
Nieuwkomer

Dutch as a second language year course

Post by eZo » Sat May 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello everybody

I plan to go to study to Holland, but for BA you have to speack Dutch. So I need some course for a year. I'm not EU sitizen. I have Israeli sitezenship. Some courses I find are very expensive (6000 eur and more). Can you recommend me something?

Thanks in advice

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Re: Dutch as a second language year course

Post by Quetzal » Sun May 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Do you mean language courses that are that expensive? Or just studying in Holland in general?

If you meant a language course, you can of course do a lot cheaper, whether in a language school or by studying alone as much as you can. The tuition you'll pay in the Netherlands as a non-EU citizen will always be rather high, though, and that won't get any lower just because you speak Dutch...

charlotte
Lid
Mother tongue: German

Post by charlotte » Mon May 04, 2009 3:55 pm

This is weird, I just wanted to post a similar question - I'm also looking for a Dutch course for a whole year (not three weeks, which is what I've found so far. I've been searching the internet for several weeks now and have been to just any university site in the Netherlands and several in Belgium).
Does anyone here know of such a course?

Quetzal (and others too, of course) could you maybe recommend a language school in the Netherlands (Doen't matter where, but do you know one? I'm desperate and am totaly tired of searching the internet).

Thanks!

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Post by Quetzal » Mon May 04, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't find any year-long courses through the university sites... anyway, there are plenty of them, there's a pretty long (though probably not exhaustive) list here. You don't have to use that form to contact them all, just search for the website of the one in the city of your choice. In Flanders there's a similar network of schools called "CVO", so there you can try Googling "CVO + name of city of your choice".