Dutch lessons in Antwerpen Belgium

Here you can ask questions or share your expertise about Dutch and Flemish university courses, the educational system, tuition fees, study grants & loans, and English language programs.
angieraes
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Colombia

Dutch lessons in Antwerpen Belgium

Post by angieraes » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:11 pm

Hello Everyone
Im going to move to Antwerpen (Belgium) next march, and Im looking for good dutch lessons, I only found the university of Antwerrp ones, and they are a bit up to my budget knowing that I have to take at least 4 levels because I know nothing of dutch.
I will really appreciate if someone can give me advice on this.
Thanks a lot!

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Post by Bieneke » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:57 pm

Hi Angie,

The "Huis van het Nederlands" in Antwerpen is a non-profit organisation that can help you decide which Dutch course to choose. They can tell you everything about the different types of courses offered in Antwerpen.

The university courses are generally quite expensive (compared with many other courses). If you have enjoyed at least 10 years of education, you can study Dutch at a CVO (Centrum voor Volwassenonderwijs = adult education). The fees for these courses are very low. There is a member on this forum who is studying at a CVO (LBC) in Antwerpen (see: viewtopic.php?p=1783&highlight=#1783).

If you visit the website of the Huis van het Nederlands in Antwerpen, click on "Stad Antwerpen". Antwerpen is a city (stad) as well as a province.

Good luck and groetjes,
Bieneke