Best Place to Study NT2 in Amsterdam

Here you can ask questions or share your expertise about Dutch and Flemish university courses, the educational system, tuition fees, study grants & loans, and English language programs.
mazzatex
Lid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: English

Best Place to Study NT2 in Amsterdam

Post by mazzatex » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi there!

Can anybody recommend a good place to study fulltime for the NT2 in Amsterdam? I've looked at the Vrije Universiteit and this seems ok, the Volksuniversiteit has very little information available. Is the UvA an option? They seem to have some dual masters course which combines NT2 and another subject (I *think*, but it was all in Dutch and was a little beyond me for a quick glance).

Thanks - any help much appreciated!

Matthew

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Post by Bieneke » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:05 pm

Hoi Mazzatex,

It looks like noone can give you any good advice..  :-? Have you meanwhile figured it out yourself?

At the ROC, you can attend intensive (nearly fulltime) Dutch courses.
For more information: http://www.roc.nl/default.php?fr=nt2&language=en

Groetjes,
Bieneke
Bieneke

berrydingle
Lid
Country of residence: Norway
Mother tongue: Norwegian

Post by berrydingle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:10 pm

950 euros for just 10 days? Aren't there any cheaper ones that last longer?

berrydingle
Lid
Country of residence: Norway
Mother tongue: Norwegian

Post by berrydingle » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 pm

Yes, there is!
I just signed up for a Dutch course at Easy Dutch Plus, in Leidsestraat.
I'm starting in September (need to save up a little money before I quit my job and leave for Amsterdam), but they still had one spot left for the course that starts in July. You can choose between different courses, intensive, and less intensive.

There are 4 modules:
Module I
Module IIA
Module IIB
Module III

I'm starting with the 3 first ones, of which the costs are €350 euros for each. They last for about 3 weeks, with 9 hours of lessons per week.

The last one is 60 hours in total, and the price is €650. This one prepares you for the NT2 Exam. My goal is to take the last one as well, but I'm not sure if I can afford it yet, so I better try to get a temporary job in Amsterdam while doing this. My plan is to get in to a school next summer, so hopefully I'll be done by then!

Anyway, I haven't started yet, but it was listed in one of the link on this site, so it should be good.
http://www.easydutchplus.com/