Regina Coeli Institute in Vught, the Netherlands

Here you can ask questions or share your expertise about Dutch and Flemish university courses, the educational system, tuition fees, study grants & loans, and English language programs.
knvb78
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English

Regina Coeli Institute in Vught, the Netherlands

Post by knvb78 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:22 pm

I am attending the Regina Coeli Language course this April for 2 weeks. I was wondering if anybody knows about it.  I am trying to study alittle bit before I go, but the grammar is really hard. Its very diffucult to know where to place the words etc.. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Post by Bieneke » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:34 pm

Hoi knvb78,

Regina Coeli is a reputable language school. The Argentinian wife of the Dutch Crown Prince attended an intensive Dutch course there and we have all witnessed the impressive results (which we may partially attribute to the quality of the language institute :-)).

On http://www.xpat.nl, they write the following:
xpat.nl wrote:Best known for its individual, tailor-made, intensive language course, the very mention of Taleninstituut Regina Coeli (also CEDEO-certified) in Vught conjures up memories of an era of nuns and education. In 1963, Sister Maria Luykx founded the Language Institute ‘Regina Coeli’. The nuns in Regina Coeli built up a reputation with their intensive language courses and were the forerunners in using the language laboratory. Nowadays, this is supplemented with Regina Coeli’s unique multimedia facility where education technology and didactics are combined with the vast experience of its trainers to provide clients with communicative language skills in a relatively short period.
You are welcome to post your questions about Dutch grammar on the forum. If you click on the 'grammar' tab on the top of your screen, you will find a Dutch grammar reference. Under the 'links' tab, you can find a long list of online Learn Dutch resources.

Groetjes,
Bieneke

P.S. What does your nick knvb78 refer to? In Dutch, KNVB = Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond. 1978 Was a memorable year for the KNVB.
Bieneke

knvb78
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English

Talen institue

Post by knvb78 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi bieneke,

Hopefully you will get this.  KNVB78, is yes, Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond. Im a soccer fan and the 78, is my wife's birth year. She is dutch, from uden.  I met her while I was stationed in Volkel with the US Air Force.  Very kool site.  Im doing the exercises before I go to the talen inst.  But having trouble with grammer, and word order, etc...

Talk to you later.

chiquitita
Lid

Post by chiquitita » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:21 am

Hi knvb78!

If you would like some extra info or have more specific re Regina Coeli in Vught, PM me. I have been a student there.

If there is one piece of advice I can give you, it is to be as prepared as possible for the intensity of the programme. It is a lot of work. You get so much info that at times it feels like your head will explode! But it is all worth it. You come out armed with tonnes of info and feeling confident to face the Dutch speaking world! If you work, make sure everyone knows that you will be out of action completely during your course. It is impossible to try to fit work in when you're studying from 8.30 in the morning till 9 at night!!

You will have a great time, I am sure. I don't regret going there!

C

Juan19809
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: Spanish

Re: Regina Coeli Institute in Vught, the Netherlands

Post by Juan19809 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:07 am

I'm a ex student. I really enjoy this course. High level quality teachers and good result.

Regina Coeli have a relax atmosphere!! check this out.

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Re: Regina Coeli Institute in Vught, the Netherlands

Post by Bieneke » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 am

Now that does look relaxed! Soft carpet, nice sofas ... I was somehow expecting to see a sauna and a whirlpool. :D I can see why our celebrities (Prinses Máxima, Louis van Gaal, ..) go there to study languages.
Bieneke