From zure haring en broodje kroket to frieten en pralines. From fietsen and Koninginnedag to schaatsen and de Gentse Feesten. Here, you can ask questions about anything related to the Dutch or Flemish culture or share your experience with others.
- Waardevol lid
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:50 pm
- Mother tongue: Mandarin
- Second language: English
- Location: Singapore
Just curious if the culture is more dependent on horoscopes, tarot cards, numerology etc? What's the Dutch attitude on such practices?
- Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:48 pm
- Country of residence: Netherlands
- Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
- Location: Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
Most people are very sceptical about these things or simply consider them to be nonsense. Of course, there is always a (small) group of believers, and that's also the case in Dutch culture.
Return to “Dutch and Flemish culture”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest