RSS RSS   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   Kwebbelhoekje Chat   View the advanced search options Search   Register Register   Login Login   Exercise Exercise
  Change font size Print view It is currently April 24th, 2014, 5:12 pm    

Dutch Recipes

From zure haring en broodje kroket to frieten en pralines. From fietsen and Koninginnedag to schaatsen and de Gentse Feesten. Here, you can ask questions about anything related to the Dutch or Flemish culture or share your experience with others.

Dutch Recipes

Postby Daisy » August 16th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Since I moved to Holland, I could not believe how much cheaper fruit and veg is, and the variety, well so much 'lekker' things to choose from. So I am keen to try dutch cooking rather than scottish neaps and haggis. So if anyone has any tasty recipes for me, I would be glad to receive them. :D
Daisy
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: English

Dutch Recipes

Sponsor

Do not like ads? Register for free and view this forum without ads.
Sponsor

Hachee

Postby barbara » August 17th, 2005, 2:21 am

I don't believe the Dutch have a *haute cuisine* but they do have some very old, typically Dutch recipes. My top favorite is "hachee" (Dutch beef stew) and I found the recipe here (in Dutch). Perhaps hachee is not the kind of recipe that you were after (I believe stew is also very common in Scotland?) but the above link takes you to a website where you can find hundreds of other Dutch recipes.

Eet smakelijk!
barbara
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: United States

Postby Marco » August 18th, 2005, 2:29 pm

I think Barbara is right, hachee is about the only 'Dutch' meal I know. Nowadays cooking is all about simple, easy meals. This means nasi, bami, spaghetti, all sorts of 'foreign' meals. When I can think of any real 'Dutch' meal I'll try to give you the recipe! :)
Marco
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)

Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Postby Geree » August 18th, 2005, 2:40 pm

I was surfing the net, and get bored, so I've searched for some recipes for you. After opening the link, choose one of the recipes, and click on the "Read more >" link. I hope these will be good:

http://www.holland.com/us/index.html?pa ... e/recipes/

:D :) :D
Geree
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: Hungary

Dutch culture

Postby Shea » August 19th, 2005, 4:48 am

http://www.godutch.com/windmill/recipes.asp?id=1

I 've found this website.I hope that it can be useful !
If someone is able to give the recipe of the "Appeltaart" ,I will be very very happy! :D

Shea
Shea
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: Italy
Mother tongue: Italian

Postby Bieneke » August 19th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Hi Shea,

I found a recipe for Dutch appeltaart here. It is in Dutch so I hope you can read it.

Bieneke

P.S. If you mention a web address, you can use the URL button to turn it into an actual link.
Bieneke
Site Administrator

Second language: English

English translation for Dutch appeltaart recipe

Postby barbara » August 20th, 2005, 5:57 am

Hi Shea,

Tom has translated the appeltaart recipe in our Hoekje voor gevorderden!

Eet smakelijk :D

Barbara
Last edited by barbara on November 2nd, 2005, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barbara
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: United States

dutch pies

Postby Koala » August 21st, 2005, 6:50 am

Thanks Geree and Shea for the dutch recipe links we are always looking for dutch recipies so we can make Kevin something from home. Something we have been hunting for for some time is a vlaai (pie) that his mother used to make when he was a kid. We asked her for the recipe but she is having trouble remembering all the ingredients. Its called Smurfpie or Smurfenvlaai. If anyone knows of it we would love to hear from you.
wishing my memory was better
Koala
Lid

Country of residence: Australia

dank u wel!!!

Postby Daisy » August 21st, 2005, 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone for the useful links, I look forward to a change of cooking.
Daisy
Waardevol lid

I know one

Postby iandominicp77 » November 30th, 2005, 11:23 am

:D I cook here everyday for the familie. I always cook for a minimum of 4 people.

The dutch people are not really into cooking (in my own opinion)... life is fast here so that's why they want to prepare something fast.... but not me :P ....

I always take the time to enjoy what I'm doing. I see to it that I am feeding people with nice food.... I most of the time cook Filipino dishes. But I sometimes (seldom) just blanch vegetables, drain it, add kruiden, put it in a container, add shreded cheese and put it in the microwave!!!

Let me give you something.....

500 grams chicken breast (cut in small slices)
1 med. piece broccoli
2 carrots (small slices)
1 green paprika
1 red paprika
100 grams snow peas
worschestershire sauce
soya sauce
oystersauce
1 onion med.
2 cloves garlic
black pepper

Prepare the chicken and the vegetables. For the vegetables, you can cut them in your desired shapes.

Heat pan and add butter or oil. Saute the garlic and onions until golden brown. Add the slices of chicken and continue to saute. When the chicken is evenly white in color, add the vegetables and continue stirring. Put 3 drops of worschestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp soya sauce and maybe 5 Tbsp oystersauce..... or whatever it is that sooths your taste.... then a sprinkle of black pepper....

I don't know how I do it but I just know, by gut feeling, how much to put and when it's done....

Eet smakelijk,
Ian
Veel succes met nederlands leren!!!
iandominicp77
Waardevol lid

Re: I know one

Postby Daisy » November 30th, 2005, 6:08 pm

iandominicp77 wrote::D I cook here everyday for the familie. I always cook for a minimum of 4 people.

The dutch people are not really into cooking (in my own opinion)... life is fast here so that's why they want to prepare something fast.... but not me :P ....

I always take the time to enjoy what I'm doing. I see to it that I am feeding people with nice food.... I most of the time cook Filipino dishes. But I sometimes (seldom) just blanch vegetables, drain it, add kruiden, put it in a container, add shreded cheese and put it in the microwave!!!

Let me give you something.....

500 grams chicken breast (cut in small slices)
1 med. piece broccoli
2 carrots (small slices)
1 green paprika
1 red paprika
100 grams snow peas
worschestershire sauce
soya sauce
oystersauce
1 onion med.
2 cloves garlic
black pepper

Prepare the chicken and the vegetables. For the vegetables, you can cut them in your desired shapes.

Heat pan and add butter or oil. Saute the garlic and onions until golden brown. Add the slices of chicken and continue to saute. When the chicken is evenly white in color, add the vegetables and continue stirring. Put 3 drops of worschestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp soya sauce and maybe 5 Tbsp oystersauce..... or whatever it is that sooths your taste.... then a sprinkle of black pepper....

I don't know how I do it but I just know, by gut feeling, how much to put and when it's done....

Eet smakelijk,
Ian

Bedankt, het is heel lekker!!!
Daisy
Waardevol lid

Re: I know one

Postby Marco » December 4th, 2005, 3:04 pm

iandominicp77 wrote:I always take the time to enjoy what I'm doing. I see to it that I am feeding people with nice food.... I most of the time cook Filipino dishes. But I sometimes (seldom) just blanch vegetables, drain it, add kruiden, put it in a container, add shreded cheese and put it in the microwave!!!

Hey Ian, since you're a Filipino, could you tell me how to make bibingka and halo-halo? :)
Marco

Postby iandominicp77 » December 7th, 2005, 5:10 pm

Het is onmogelijk bibingka te maken. They don't have the necessary ingredients..... Maar, halo-halo is mogelijk. Ben je Filippijnse?

Ian
Veel succes met nederlands leren!!!
iandominicp77
Waardevol lid

Postby Marco » December 27th, 2005, 11:33 am

iandominicp77 wrote:Het is onmogelijk bibingka te maken. They don't have the necessary ingredients..... Maar, halo-halo is mogelijk. Ben je Filippijnse?

Ian

Haha, nee, maar ik heb ooit (nou goed dan, een paar maanden geleden) een Filipijns vriendinnetje gehad en haar lievelingsgerecht was bibingka. Ze hield ook van halo-halo.
Haha, no, but I once (alright then, a couple of months ago) had a Filipinian (?) girlfriend and her favourite meal was bibingka. She also liked halo-halo.
Marco

Postby Bieneke » December 29th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Ik vroeg me al af hoe het met je Filipijnse lief ging. :)

Omdat we over twee dagen weer massaal aan de oliebollen zitten: hier vind je het recept.
Bieneke
Bieneke
Site Administrator

Second language: English

Next

Return to Dutch and Flemish culture