Kids' TV Series

From zure haring en broodje kroket to frieten en pralines. From fietsen and Koninginnedag to schaatsen and de Gentse Feesten. Here, you can ask questions about anything related to the Dutch or Flemish culture or share your experience with others.

Kids' TV Series

Postby Marco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the youtube-site. I was there today and I discovered the intros of some TV series I used to watch. In my opinion they are part of our culture, so I thought it was fun to share them with you. :)

In other words, memories from when I was a small child!

Barbapapa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tk1tUlLeos

Ovide en z'n Vrienden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRWuGR0 ... ed&search=

Sindbad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLfaGRAZ ... ed&search=

Pieter Post (= Postman Pete)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvMIMEp ... ed&search=

Wickie de Viking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms_h4ILA ... ed&search=

Nils Holgersson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5J_GfrK ... ed&search=

Dommel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmnkg69p ... ed&search=

Boes Boes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcB9l80 ... ed&search=

And I also came accross Animals of the Farthing Wood, but only the English version.
Last edited by Marco on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Marco
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Westervoort, NL
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Postby Marco » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 pm

Ooh, and I've just found the very first episode of Alfred J. Kwak!!!
It consists of three parts at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhBlgEcfvMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM_vGyZX ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXexM9fy ... ed&search=
User avatar
Marco
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Westervoort, NL
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Postby zouzoufromparis » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:11 pm

hello,

thx you for the tips! indeed it's very useful!
Nijnte to start is also good (maybe too easy for some of you, but nice coz' if you buying the dvd you have the dutch and vlaamse version, so you can choose :-P )

see ya
zouzoufromparis
Waardevol lid
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:19 pm
Location: France
Country of residence: France
Mother tongue: French
Gender: Female

Postby kwalijkje » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:47 am

Marco wrote:Ooh, and I've just found the very first episode of Alfred J. Kwak!!!

Dankjewel. Ik heb overal youtube voor de eerste Kwak episode gezoekt. Duidelijk ik niet genoeg gezoekt.
User avatar
kwalijkje
Superlid
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: London
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Dutch
Third language: Slovak
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: British Sign Language (of Britse Gebarentaal)
Gender: Male

Postby Quetzal » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:32 pm

kwalijkje wrote:
Marco wrote:Ooh, and I've just found the very first episode of Alfred J. Kwak!!!

Dankjewel. Ik heb overal op youtube gezocht voor naar de eerste Kwak episode gezoekt. Duidelijk ik heb duidelijk niet genoeg gezoekt gezocht.


Careful, "zoeken" is a strong verb: past tense "ik zocht" and so on, past participle "gezocht". Also, we tend to use "op" for websites (on youtube, on yahoo, on X's website, and so on), and "to search for" becomes "zoeken naar" in Dutch.
User avatar
Quetzal
Native speaker & global moderator
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:51 pm
Location: Belgium
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Postby kwalijkje » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Quetzal wrote:
kwalijkje wrote:
Marco wrote:Ooh, and I've just found the very first episode of Alfred J. Kwak!!!

Dankjewel. Ik heb overal op youtube gezocht voor naar de eerste Kwak episode gezoekt. Duidelijk ik heb duidelijk niet genoeg gezoekt gezocht.


Careful, "zoeken" is a strong verb: past tense "ik zocht" and so on, past participle "gezocht". Also, we tend to use "op" for websites (on youtube, on yahoo, on X's website, and so on), and "to search for" becomes "zoeken naar" in Dutch.


Hoi Quetzel,
Dank je. Ik vergeet altijd over sterke en zwakke werkwoorden. :(
Wat betekent 'quetzal'? Is het te doen om het even wat met Quetzalcoatl, de ?Aztec? god?
Groetjes
User avatar
kwalijkje
Superlid
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: London
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Dutch
Third language: Slovak
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: British Sign Language (of Britse Gebarentaal)
Gender: Male

Postby Quetzal » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:00 pm

kwalijkje wrote:
Quetzal wrote:
kwalijkje wrote:
Marco wrote:Ooh, and I've just found the very first episode of Alfred J. Kwak!!!

Dankjewel. Ik heb overal op youtube gezocht voor naar de eerste Kwak episode gezoekt. Duidelijk ik heb duidelijk niet genoeg gezoekt gezocht.


Careful, "zoeken" is a strong verb: past tense "ik zocht" and so on, past participle "gezocht". Also, we tend to use "op" for websites (on youtube, on yahoo, on X's website, and so on), and "to search for" becomes "zoeken naar" in Dutch.


Hoi Quetzel,
Dank je. Ik vergeet altijd over sterke en zwakke werkwoorden. :(
Wat betekent 'quetzal'? Is het te doen om het even wat met Quetzalcoatl, de ?Aztec? god?
Groetjes


Het heeft inderdaad met Quetzalcoatl te maken, ja... de quetzal is een tropische vogel in Centraal-Amerika (en ook de munteenheid van een van die landen daar).
User avatar
Quetzal
Native speaker & global moderator
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:51 pm
Location: Belgium
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Postby Marco » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:42 pm

De quetzal vind ik een wonderlijk mooie vogel. Waar anders zie je zo'n mooi kleurenpatroon?! :) Zo vind ik ook de kolibrie en de papegaaiduiker erg mooie en leuke vogels, optisch gezien!  :-D
I think the quetzal is a magnificent bird! Where else can you see such a beautiful colour pattern?! I think the same of the hummingbird and the puffin, optically they are beautiful birds!

(So much for staying on-topic.  :P )
User avatar
Marco
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Westervoort, NL
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Postby dirkmath » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Never look back, unless it's time to go home.
User avatar
dirkmath
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Antwerpen
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Postby kwalijkje » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:43 am

Quetzal wrote:Het heeft inderdaad met Quetzalcoatl te maken, ja... de quetzal is een tropische vogel in Centraal-Amerika (en ook de munteenheid van een van die landen daar).

Ik heb nooit de Quetzl geweet. Ik nu op wikipedia voor het zoeken. Wat een mooie vogel. Goede keus van naam, Quetzal.
Marco wrote:(So much for staying on-topic.   )

Maar een beetje vanaf onderwerp.  :)
User avatar
kwalijkje
Superlid
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: London
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Dutch
Third language: Slovak
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: British Sign Language (of Britse Gebarentaal)
Gender: Male

Postby dirkmath » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:53 am

Could we please return to the topic?
Otherwise no-one will be able to find the movies in between the other talk!
Never look back, unless it's time to go home.
User avatar
dirkmath
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Antwerpen
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Postby Marco » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Oh, en nu hebben ze ook de eerste aflevering van Nils Holgersson - mijn favoriet - online gezet!  :-o

Deel 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlTGmcG ... ed&search=

Deel 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXkIOsWL ... ed&search=

Deel 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsRuXhus ... ed&search=

En ik heb ook nog delen van afleveringen 2 en 3 gezien.  :-D

Jeugdsentiment!
User avatar
Marco
Moedertaalspreker (native speaker)
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 am
Location: Westervoort, NL
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)


Return to Dutch and Flemish culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest