GCSE EXAM / NT2 EXAM

Een hoekje voor absolute beginners. Hier schrijf je alleen eenvoudige zinnen en over eenvoudige onderwerpen / A corner for absolute beginners. Here, you only write simple phrases and about simple topics.
Forum rules
When correcting Dutch texts, (most) vraagbaken use a colour code to distinguish between different types of mistakes. See also: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=753&p=5506#p5506
Shazzy
Superlid
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Dutch

GCSE EXAM / NT2 EXAM

Post by Shazzy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi
I am trying to find out the different in levels between the UK GCSE and the NT2 Level 1 exam. I have looked at a NT2 papers and they look much more difficult to what I am doing for GCSE but according to the exam boards they are both meant to me at B1 level. Does anyone know both exams? Perhaps a bi-lingual person?

When I read up on the Self Assessment Grid from the Council of Europe I feel I am more at A2 level rather than B1. I am wanting to go forward with my Dutch after my GCSE and think the NT2 would be a good step forward. I do have some DVD's which are intended for NT2 Level 1 and they certainly seen harder to what I am doing now....

I would like to hear from anyone who can help .... THANK YOU.

Shazzy