Annie M.G. Schmidt

Recommendations and opinions of books, dictionaries, programs, movies, shows, comedy, video players (region issues), music, websites, courses, where to buy Dutch stuff if you don't live there, etc.
Josiah
Lid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English

Annie M.G. Schmidt

Post by Josiah » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:47 pm

I have been looking for books by Annie M.G. Schmidt, but I can only find English translations of her Childrens books. Does anyone know of a site that carries the books in Dutch, on an english website?

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Post by Bieneke » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Do you mean a website in English where you can buy original (Dutch) books of Annie M.G. Schmidt?

I found http://www.annie-mg.com/huiskamer/annie ... oeken.html. If you click on the book title, you can see the ISBN number. I am sure you must be able to find a bookshop online or in your city where they can order it for you.
Bieneke

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Post by Quetzal » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:11 pm

You can probably buy them on bol.com (Dutch internet store) or proxis.be (Belgian internet store). Both of those should deliver world-wide, though not at cheap rates...

Josiah
Lid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English

Post by Josiah » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:42 am

Bieneke wrote:Do you mean a website in English where you can buy original (Dutch) books of Annie M.G. Schmidt?

I found http://www.annie-mg.com/huiskamer/annie ... oeken.html. If you click on the book title, you can see the ISBN number. I am sure you must be able to find a bookshop online or in your city where they can order it for you.
I think these are english translations, too. The website has a few samples from the books and they're all in english :(
Quetzal wrote:You can probably buy them on bol.com (Dutch internet store) or proxis.be (Belgian internet store). Both of those should deliver world-wide, though not at cheap rates...
I'll go check them out.