Within 10 days I will have an assessment! Any tips

Ideas for learning Dutch. What have you tried? What worked for you? What did not work for you?
amouria
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English

Within 10 days I will have an assessment! Any tips

Post by amouria » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Hello all,
Any tips for my assessment exam? I will have to do it within 10 days. As all of you, I am very anxious and don't know how to prepare for it. I took several courses but none of them give excercises re the assessment. Very grateful for your help! greetings.. :o

Bert
Superlid
Mother tongue: Hungarian

Re: Within 10 days I will have an assessment! Any tips

Post by Bert » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi!

Is it the "inburgeringsexamen" (basisexamen inburgering) or the "Nederlands als tweede taal" (staatsexamen NT2-I and NT2-II)?
Of course, you must have more or less knowledge of the Dutch language for both of them. For the "inburgeringsexamen", however, you also have to know about the Dutch history, geography, political system, education etc.
This website is in Dutch but I hope you can understand it (you can use Google translate, if necessary): http://www.alphenaandenrijn.nl/Gemeente ... nburgering

Best wishes
Bert

amouria
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English

Re: Within 10 days I will have an assessment! Any tips

Post by amouria » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 am

Thank you very much Bert for your clarifications. I will do the assessment as part of the "inburgeringsexamen". It involves three parts but all of them are about speaking Dutch (my portfolio is Werk). I searched for exercises on assessment but unfortunately in vain! I did that practical exam (state exam on werk, Dutch culture and opposites and passed them). I am fine in reading/writing/understanding but awful in speaking. I thought that there are some exercises to prepare for the TALK which will hopefully be my last challenge in Dutch language. Found some youtube clips but they all were about the official steps to do the assessment.

If any of the members have texts, audio, video on the assessment I will be immensely grateful! :-D