RSS RSS   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   Kwebbelhoekje Chat   View the advanced search options Search   Register Register   Login Login   Exercise Exercise
  Change font size Print view It is currently April 24th, 2014, 2:59 pm    

A shopping story, entirely written in English

Funny stories about your learning experiences. Mondegreens, Silly mistakes, Jokes, Riddles and all kinds of fun stuff. Strange things you noticed about differences and similarities between Dutch and English (or German, French, Swahili, ..).

Postby EetSmakelijk » September 26th, 2006, 11:43 pm

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Zeker niet! :P :P :P
Nooooooooooooooo! Certainly not! :P :P :P
Ik kan niet goed zingen. I cannot sing well.
;)
The very idea gives me the kriebeltjes...
G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-groetjes, ;)
ES, S'je, Saartje, of EetSmakelijk
:P
Mijn Esnips account is:
http://www.esnips.com/web/EetSmakelijksDutchStuff
EetSmakelijk
Global moderator

Country of residence: Canada
Mother tongue: English (Canada)
Second language: French

Sponsor

Do not like ads? Register for free and view this forum without ads.
Sponsor

Postby Snoezig » September 27th, 2006, 8:44 am

EetSmakelijk wrote:...en ik heb gisteren mijn CDs in de post gekregen! ...and I received my CDs in the mail yesterday... well, only half of them as the other one wasn't in stock... I only paid about 3.5 euros for the shipping so no idea why others of you have had to pay so much.

Hoi EetSmakijk! Enjoy your CDs :-D And congratulations on the shipping charge -- what do you think? Maybe someone noticed our complaints (especially mine)? :D

Groetjes from snoezig
Snoezig
Editor & titelmoderator

Mother tongue: English
Second language: German

Postby EetSmakelijk » December 21st, 2006, 10:50 pm

Wow what a day! First I try to speak Antwerps dialect which really was quite a lot of fun, then I record files asking for warmechocoladmelk so I don't get completely tongue-tied if I ever visit a Dutch-speaking county, and now this!
I had ordered two CDs from bol.com awhile ago. One of them is not a Dutch CD and I have it already. The 2nd one is in Dutch, and I had not received it yet. I went to bol.com and found the help pages and contact form because the FAQ about what if my bestelling is te laat or something said to contact them if you waited a few days and still didn't get your bestelling.
So I contacted them and tried my bestest (not a word just fooling with English, should be best) attempt at a Dutch email and all that polite u stuff. I sent the email and then about an hour after that the mail comes and delivers yep you guessed it, one very nice to listen to Dutch CD!
So now what, oh boy, I gotta write these people and apologize for the terrible Dutch email and for the unnecessary email.
I ended up just writing the blasted thing in English because I was afraid of sounding even more rude and abrupt than I had in my previous message. Man, formal Dutch is just way too hard for me and I really hope the folks at bol.com don't get too offended by my mangling of Dutch. I am really echt moe now, I think I'll go stand in the corner in shame, oh wait, I have a shiny new CD to listen to, so maybe that will help. I don't know, it's all in Dutch and it seems to be accusing me, saying hey, you've no business trying to speak our language. ;) Ok, not that bad, but seriously, I hope a customer service person over at bol.com isn't going to be too offended when he/she reads my message and I hope whoever it is speaks English. :P
Met frustrated groetjes uit het hoekje where I am currently standing in shame,
Mijn Esnips account is:
EetSmakelijk
Global moderator

Postby Jeff » December 21st, 2006, 11:52 pm

Awww, I always wait till after the mail is delivered. :lol:

Yay, package has been delivered.../happy dance.
Jeff
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English

Postby EetSmakelijk » December 24th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Hi, everybody. Well, hre is the continuation of my little story. ;)
I received a reply to my Dutch email! 8-[ I hope that was an anxious smiley... Anyway, I was very very nervous opening that email. :P
They were very nice to me and said that my Dutch was good and that they fund no spelling foutjes! :D/
My only regret now is that I was too frightened of making mistakes to enjoy the experience of getting email in het Nederlands...
Oh yes, and the language they used was formal enough that I needed hep from somebody to read it. :P
Groetjes,
Mijn Esnips account is:
EetSmakelijk
Global moderator

Previous

Return to Laughs and Learning