Need Help With Die Volkskrant

Would you like to learn Dutch in exchange for teaching your native language? Are you a native Dutch speaker and are you looking for someone who can help you with studying English? Or Russian? Japanese? Post it here!
robwein
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English (United States)

Need Help With Die Volkskrant

Post by robwein » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I am a writer with The New York Times, and I am trying to track down an interview from a 1992 edition of Die Volkskrant. Specifically, a sprinter named Tinus Osendarp, who took two bronze medals in the 1936 Olympics, and went on to become a member of the S.S. and was jailed after WWII on war crimes charges. He gave his only known interview to DV sometime in 1992. I have attempted to access their archives but everything is in Dutch. If anyone is willing to a) find out if the paper has the interview available in its archives, and b) help me access it and translate it, that would be fantastic. I will pay commensurate with the assistance given.

Robert Weintraub
robwein@comcast.net
1-404-234-2623

Vilmos
Superlid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: Afrikaans
Fourth language: German

Re: Need Help With Die Volkskrant

Post by Vilmos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Are you sure it was in 1992 and in De Volkskrant? I found an interview from 1988 in the Limburgs Dagblad in the archieves of the Koninklijke Bibliotheek (Royal Library). See this page. It looks to me like an original interview, so the interview you already mentioned is probably not the only interview he has given. Or do you mean the only known interview in De Volkskrant?

I will also send this post to your e-mail adress.

IgnatiusReilly
Lid
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)
Second language: English

Re: Need Help With Die Volkskrant

Post by IgnatiusReilly » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:56 pm

I think I found the interview you're talking about. It appeared in De Volkskrant but in 1999 instead of 1992.

I will send it to you via email.