Dutch translation help.

Would you like to learn Dutch in exchange for teaching your native language? Are you a native Dutch speaker and are you looking for someone who can help you with studying English? Or Russian? Japanese? Post it here!
ben8615
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Australia
Mother tongue: English (Australia)
Second language: Italian
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language)

Dutch translation help.

Post by ben8615 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:32 am

Hello, my name's Ben. I just got back from a sleepover with my friend. Whilst I was there, her Grandma took us to the movies, paid for us, made us incredible food, etc. I want to thank her for everything, but her native language is Dutch, and I feel it would be more meaningful if I gave her a thank-you letter in Dutch. Only problem, I speak English, Italian and Sign Language. None of these things help when attempting to translate to Dutch. Could I get some help? Here's the letter:

Dear Omar,
Thank-you very much for taking us all to the movies on Saturday. I had a really good time, and I enjoyed learning Dutch with you! I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Perth. Thank-you again!
From,
Benjamin Q

Thank-you for your help! :-D

ngonyama
Superlid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch, Xhosa

Re: Dutch translation help.

Post by ngonyama » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:01 am

ben8615 wrote:Hello, my name's Ben. I just got back from a sleepover with my friend. Whilst I was there, her Grandma took us to the movies, paid for us, made us incredible food, etc. I want to thank her for everything, but her native language is Dutch, and I feel it would be more meaningful if I gave her a thank-you letter in Dutch. Only problem, I speak English, Italian and Sign Language. None of these things help when attempting to translate to Dutch. Could I get some help? Here's the letter:

Dear Omar,

Do you mean Oma as in Grandma? Omar is an Islamic name for a boy

If it is Grandma it would be:

Lieve Oma.

Thank-you very much for taking us all to the movies on Saturday. I had a really good time, and I enjoyed learning Dutch with you! I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Perth. Thank-you again!
From,
Benjamin Q
Ik wil u hartelijk bedanken dat u ons Zaterdag allemaal naar de bioscoop mee heeft genomen. Ik heb echt genoten, en ik vond het fijn om Nederlands van u te leren. Ik hoop dat u de rest van uw tijd in Perth veel plezier zult hebben

Van uw
Benjamin Q.

Thank-you for your help! :-D

Bert
Superlid
Mother tongue: Hungarian

Post by Bert » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Ik zou zaterdag i.p.v. Zaterdag schrijven. (Hier ben ik niet zeker van, maar ik geef de voorkeur aan Ik heb er echt van genoten, ...)

BrutallyFrank
Global moderator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French

Post by BrutallyFrank » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Ik zou ook de komma tussen 'genoten' en 'en' weglaten ...
"Moenie worrie nie, alles sal reg kom" (maar hy het nie gesê wanneer nie!)