Does anyone use chat?

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the forum or any other pages on www.dutchgrammar.com, you can post them here.
Dora
Superlid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English (United States)

Does anyone use chat?

Post by Dora » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:57 pm

Does the chat function here get much use? For a long time I could not get it to work, but now that I can, there never seems to be anyone chatting when I visit.

Dora

Joke
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch (in progress...)

Re: Does anyone use chat?

Post by Joke » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 pm

Unfortunately, the kwebbelhoekje seems to be kind of dead. I've been trying to be in the chatbox whenever I show myself online lately, but I never see anybody else.

firefly315
Superlid
Second language: French
Third language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by firefly315 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 am

Joke wrote:Unfortunately, the kwebbelhoekje seems to be kind of dead. I've been trying to be in the chatbox whenever I show myself online lately, but I never see anybody else.
Hoi Joke and Dora,

I posted something about that in early October. The link is below is in Dutch and has more information.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3667
I’ve also been in the kh a few times recently, and I also found that no one was really there. I’d like to start chatting in the kh again because it used to be so fun :). I can't start going in there again until November 9 because I'm wicked busy.

Groetjes,

Cathleen

Dora
Superlid

Post by Dora » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 pm

I nominate November 9th as kwebbelhoekjedag. Maybe November 10 too, in case people cannot make it on the 9th. Try to visit as often and for as long as you can. Maybe I'll see you there.

Groetjes,

Dora

firefly315
Superlid

Post by firefly315 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Dora wrote:I nominate November 9th as kwebbelhoekjedag. Maybe November 10 too, in case people cannot make it on the 9th. Try to visit as often and for as long as you can. Maybe I'll see you there.

Groetjes,

Dora
Hey Dora,

Dat is een leuk idee.

Groetjes,

Cathleen
Last edited by firefly315 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dora
Superlid

Post by Dora » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:38 pm

I don't know about time since everyone is in different time zones. I can't do it at work, so I will probably be late...or early.

firefly315
Superlid

Post by firefly315 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Dora wrote:I don't know about time since everyone is in different time zones. I can't do it at work, so I will probably be late...or early.
O.K. I can check by 3 p.m. and keep checking after 4 p.m., too since people may still be at work. I have a part-time job right now, and I'm looking for a full-time job, so, I don't always have to work until 5 p.m. --- yet --- but I hope soon.

I meant EDT, so we're one hour ahead of you guys in Wisconsin, and we're 5 hours behind the Netherlands (for a few more weeks until we put our clocks back, then we're 6 hours) So, right now 4 p.m. would be 9 p.m (22 uur) in the Netherlands and 10 p.m. in a few weeks.

Dora
Superlid

Post by Dora » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 pm

firefly315 wrote:
Dora wrote:I don't know about time since everyone is in different time zones. I can't do it at work, so I will probably be late...or early.
O.K. I can check by 3 p.m. and keep checking after 4 p.m., too since people may still be at work. I have a part-time job right now, and I'm looking for a full-time job, so, I don't always have to work until 5 p.m. --- yet --- but I hope soon.

I meant EDT, so we're one hour ahead of you guys in Wisconsin, and we're 5 hours behind the Netherlands (for a few more weeks until we put our clocks back, then we're 6 hours) So, right now 4 p.m. would be 9 p.m (22 uur) in the Netherlands and 10 p.m. in a few weeks.
EST. We set our clocks back on Nov. 7, so we will be back to 7 hrs. between Wisconsin and NL next week. I really was hoping to avoid having to think about making time calculations but you led me to it. :wink:

firefly315
Superlid

Post by firefly315 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Dora wrote:
firefly315 wrote:

I meant EDT, so we're one hour ahead of you guys in Wisconsin, and we're 5 hours behind the Netherlands (for a few more weeks until we put our clocks back, then we're 6 hours) So, right now 4 p.m. would be 9 p.m (21 uur) in the Netherlands and 10 p.m. (22 uur) in a few weeks.
EST. We set our clocks back on Nov. 7, so we will be back to 7 hrs. between Wisconsin and NL next week. I really was hoping to avoid having to think about making time calculations but you led me to it. :wink:

firefly315
Superlid

Post by firefly315 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 am

Hey Dora,

I just found some tickets for something that I reserved a long time ago on November 9, so could we start chatting or have a second day to chat in het kh on November 10 instead?

Sorry about asking to change the date.

Cathleen

Dora
Superlid

Post by Dora » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:51 pm

firefly315 wrote:Hey Dora,

I just found some tickets for something that I reserved a long time ago on November 9, so could we start chatting or have a second day to chat in het kh on November 10 instead?

Sorry about asking to change the date.

Cathleen
Geen probleem. Nov 10 is better for me anyway.

firefly315
Superlid

Post by firefly315 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Leuk :) That works.
I remembered because I got an e-mail reminder about the event, for which I signed up a while ago to go to.

Tot het 10. Ik denk dat het gezellig nog een keer om in het kh te chatten zal zijn.