Native speakers of English in The Netherlands

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the forum or any other pages on www.dutchgrammar.com, you can post them here.
Marco
Superlid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English (Great Britain)
Third language: Turkish
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: German, Italian, Spanish.

Native speakers of English in The Netherlands

Post by Marco » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:23 am

Hi all of you,

I'm not sure if this is appropriate and if it isn't, I hope Bieneke will remove the topic.

As you might know, I study English at Nijmegen University and we have received the following assignment.
We are to interview a native speaker of the English language that currently lives in The Netherlands. The speaker doesn't necessarily have to be British, he or she can also be Irish, American, Australian, South-African, you name it. We're taking the interview in pairs - so two persons interview you simultaneously - and it is taped on a recorder. The interview should last about twenty minutes. They should take place in May or June, I think. Otherwise it would be somewhere late April.
As some of you live in The Netherlands, I was hoping you would be interested. As you try to study Dutch, we also have a nice topic, being able to talk about the differences in the languages and cultures.

If you're interested, feel free to send me an e-mail or PM.

Thank you!
Marco

Wim
Native speaker & moderator
Third language: French
Fourth language: German
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Quite a lot.

Post by Wim » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:44 am

Hoi Marco,

Ik neem aan dat je het liefst mensen zoekt die een beetje in de buurt van Nijmegen wonen. Als het verder weg ook kan, dan wil ik ook onder mijn cursisten (Delft) wel eens een balletje voor je opgooien.

Groetjes,
Wim

Marco
Superlid
Third language: Turkish
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: German, Italian, Spanish.

Post by Marco » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Het hoeft niet per sé in de buurt van Nijmegen te zijn. Ikzelf woon bijvoorbeeld in Westervoort - goed, dat is best dichtbij Nijmegen - maar mijn partner in Breda. Als je dit zou willen voorstellen, dan zou dat fantastisch zijn!  :)