PTIT, A2 and NT2

NT2 is 'Nederlands als Tweede Taal' or 'Dutch as a second language. 'Inburgering' is 'integration'. Many people who settle in the Netherlands have to do the 'inburgeringsexamen' or 'Staatsexamen NT2'. In this subforum, you can ask questions about this exam. If you have already done the exam, you are warmly invited to share your experience with us!
damsca
Lid

PTIT, A2 and NT2

Post by damsca » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi everyone. Is there anyone who can tell me the relationship/relevancy among PTIT, A2 and NT2? :)

In CNAVT website, I read that "PTIT komt globaal overeen met niveau A2 van het Gemeenschappelijk Europees Referentiekader (Common European Framework of Reference)."

damsca
Lid

continuation of my former posting

Post by damsca » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 pm

In http://www.naarnederland.nl/documentens ... gkey=53768 I read that: "Research conducted by the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO) shows that the current proficiency levels required to pass the test are below the A1-minus and A2 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference on which they are based.
The tests themselves will not change, but the method of grading them will. The levels required to pass will remain A1-minus for candidates taking the test abroad and A2 for candidates taking it in the Netherlands."

So, what does this imply in relation with the NT2 exam or the inburgering examen?
I have a feeling that the NT2 exam is not the same as the inburgering exam. But I can't quite put a finger on the difference. Can anybody tell me? Thanks. :)

BrutallyFrank
Global moderator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French

Re: continuation of my former posting

Post by BrutallyFrank » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:05 pm

damsca wrote:I have a feeling that the NT2 exam is not the same as the inburgering exam. But I can't quite put a finger on the difference. Can anybody tell me? Thanks. :)
As far as I know: at the place where I work, we get people that have to do their 'Inburgering'. NT2 is one of the levels (most common). BUT ... I know that the policy has changed (thank you, Rita Verdonk!  :-? ), so it could be different now. Although that would be way too fast for the Dutch bureaucracy ......
"Moenie worrie nie, alles sal reg kom" (maar hy het nie gesê wanneer nie!)

damsca
Lid

Post by damsca » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:43 am

Thanks.
Do you know what the new policy is? Or can you tell me where to find out about the new policy? :)