RSS RSS   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   Kwebbelhoekje Chat   View the advanced search options Search   Register Register   Login Login   Exercise Exercise
  Change font size Print view It is currently April 16th, 2014, 8:27 pm    

NT2 and Nederlands als Vreemde Taal (NavT)

NT2 is 'Nederlands als Tweede Taal' or 'Dutch as a second language. 'Inburgering' is 'integration'. Many people who settle in the Netherlands have to do the 'inburgeringsexamen' or 'Staatsexamen NT2'. In this subforum, you can ask questions about this exam. If you have already done the exam, you are warmly invited to share your experience with us!

Postby Sue » November 24th, 2005, 9:56 am

Bieneke wrote:Moving twice in such a short time span, you must have steel nerves :wink:

When you find out more about your classes, do let us know!

Groetjes,
Bieneke

Well the latest is that I have still not found a course.

I got an e-mail from the ROC to tell me to go to their offices to find out what courses they have (why they can't e-mail them to me, I don't know!). I went there and they told me to come back another day because there was no one to help me! The receptionist couldn't even tell me what courses they had! Not got much faith in them.

I e-mailed the embassy and explained the situation and they sent me a list of courses, none in my province! Very useful!

I looked on a few websites that I found in the phone book and the only one that I found that was for adults and didn't cost €1000 per week for intensive course was the ROC one.

I am trying to intergrate into this country - but people aren't making this easy for me.

Sue :x
The only difference between a rut and a grave... is in their dimensions.
Sue
Superlid

Sponsor

Do not like ads? Register for free and view this forum without ads.
Sponsor

Postby Bieneke » November 26th, 2005, 6:10 pm

Wow, that must be so frustrating.

On the website of ROC-Twente, http://www.rocvantwente.nl, you can find an overview of the courses offered in Almelo, Hengelo, and Enschede.

It was not easy to find the page that gives information about NT2 in Almelo, but I eventually found it here. On this page, you can click on 'Aanvragen informatie' for more information.

I must say the ROC websites are not very easy to navigate through if you do not understand Dutch. I wonder how many non-Dutch speakers manage to find the right information on the ROC websites.

Good luck with your quest, Sue!

[edit: since the page above is in Dutch (how very useful, if you are looking for a Dutch course :roll:), I added a summary of the text below. ]

From: www.roctwenteplus.nl/frameset.asp?page=sjablonen/afdeling1.asp?id=930&menu=1=1.

Language School (NT-2)
In our Language School, we offer courses in Dutch as a Second Language (NT-2) for immigration from the age of 18 years old.

Integrated trajects
The NT-2 courses are part of the so-called "geïntegreerde trajecten". This means that the Dutch classes are combined with professional (vocational) courses and that you are trained to apply your Dutch skills in practical (professional) situations. This facilitates the proces of language acquisition.

Dual traject
You can combine your Dutch classes with other courses (e.g. the course 'ouderbetrokkenheid' or 'Parental involvement: "What does my child learn at school?"'. This is called a 'dual' traject.

Tailor-made NT2-2 courses for companies
These courses are aimed at employees who cannot perform properly due to a lack of Dutch language skills.

Computer as a study aid
We use computers, both in the classroom and in the Open Leer Centrum (a place where you can study by yourself but where there is always an instructor around to assist you).

Locations
Educatief Centrum Nijverdal
Educatief Centrum Rijssen
Educatief Centrum Almelo en regio

Contact
Tel. 0546 80 1610
info@rocvantwente.nl
Bieneke
Bieneke
Site Administrator

Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Re: Difference between NT2 and CNaVT and what you need it for

Postby thodoris7 » February 28th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Bieneke wrote:  
CNaVT
The CNaVT is for students who wish to study Dutch abroad. In virtually all countries where Dutch is taught, the possibility to do the official exam is offered once a year. You can choose between four 'profiles':
1. tourism and information ("toeristische en informatieve taalvaardigheid")
2. general Dutch language ("maatschappelijke taalvaardigheid")
3. professional Dutch language ("professionele taalvaardigheid")
4. academic Dutch language ("academische taalvaardigheid")
For each profile, you will be tested on four skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.

So,IF I PASS THE EXAMS  :D ,did the CNaVT have any value if i want to work in Netherland or in Belgium or i must give exams for another certification?

Best regards

Thodoris
join Multicultural Open Forum Of Europe ( http://www.mofeu.eu/forum ) so we can fun.
thodoris7
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: Greece
Mother tongue: Greek

Postby Bieneke » March 1st, 2007, 11:46 pm

Hoi Thodoris,

For you to work in the Netherlands, it is not compulsory to pass the NT2 Staatsexamen. It is only necessary for certain jobs (e.g. for the government). With a CNaVT, you can prove to potential employers that you have a sufficient level of Dutch.
Bieneke
Bieneke
Site Administrator

Postby thodoris7 » September 23rd, 2007, 9:21 pm

Ik heb CNaVT certificaat (profiel Toeristische en Informele Taalvaardigheid)  :lol:
join Multicultural Open Forum Of Europe ( http://www.mofeu.eu/forum ) so we can fun.
thodoris7
Waardevol lid

Postby Bieneke » October 1st, 2007, 9:18 pm

Gefeliciteerd en proficiat en hoera!
Congratulations (Dutch) and congratulations (Flemish) and hurray!

Sorry voor mijn late reactie.
Ga je binnenkort weer naar Nederland?

Sorry for my late response.
Will you be going to Holland again soon?
Bieneke
Bieneke
Site Administrator

Postby thodoris7 » October 4th, 2007, 11:15 pm

Bieneke wrote:Gefeliciteerd en proficiat en hoera!
Congratulations (Dutch) and congratulations (Flemish) and hurray!

Sorry voor mijn late reactie.
Ga je binnenkort weer naar Nederland?

Sorry for my late response.
Will you be going to Holland again soon?

dank je wel.

I am thinking to open a greek cafe but I want to find what I need exactly.The permissions.
Can someone help me?
thodoris7
Waardevol lid

Postby snowbunny » October 5th, 2007, 1:27 pm

Hello,

I wish to become a Dutch citizen via naturalisation through marriage to a Dutchman, and plan to study Dutch outside the Netherlands.  I know that I must score a "2" on the language exams (reading, writing, speaking, listening) and pass cultural exams (which are probably in Dutch).

Are there any online or correspondence courses that anyone can recommend?

Which is more likely, winning the Tour de France or passing the Dutch exams?   :-P

I am not sure where we will live in future but for now live in Texas because I share custody of my two daughters by my first marriage with their American father.  After they are 18, I can move where I like, but I want to start learning Dutch now (I have about ten years until the youngest is 18 ).

Groetjes,
Amy.
snowbunny
Nieuwkomer

Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English

Postby Bieneke » October 7th, 2007, 10:59 pm

thodoris7 wrote:I am thinking to open a greek cafe but I want to find what I need exactly.The permissions.
Can someone help me?

Hallo Thodoris,

If you want to open a cafe in the Netherlands, you have to get a certificate called 'cafebedrijf', which proves that you have sufficient know-how (about law, hygiene and safety, accounting, etc.) to start your own cafe. You can contact the Horeca  Stichting Nederland (stichting = non profit organization) for more information. See also http://www.hsn-horeca.nl/.

snowbunny wrote:Are there any online or correspondence courses that anyone can recommend?

Which is more likely, winning the Tour de France or passing the Dutch exams?  

Haha! I am quite sure you will be able to pass the Dutch exams if you work hard enough. ;-)

There is a correspondence course that looks interesting to me, yet I have not read any reviews about it on this forum: Digidutch (http://www.sayitindutch.com/courses/digidutch.html). The author of the course also maintains a website with a weblog (with sound files).

This is what she writes about the DigiDutch correspondence course on her website:

"Every week a pleasant Dutch conversation lesson will arrive in your mailbox. It comes as a message in html (50 kb maximum). In this lesson you will find many small sound-bytes. They teach you to understand and speak everyday Dutch! It's fun!
Dialogues, questions & answers, examples, expressions, exercises, grammar and even complete Dutch pop songs are provided. You will have direct contact with your Dutch teacher in The Netherlands by email. She will help you, give you feedback on your work and answer all your questions. You will achieve a good beginners level of Dutch after completion of the course."

I have no idea if it is a good course but judging from the rest of her website, I expect it to be interesting and entertaining. If anyone has tried it, just let us know.
Bieneke
Bieneke
Site Administrator

Postby thodoris7 » November 11th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Thank you Bieneke for your response
Is  www.hsn-horeca.nl/ have informations in english language?
thodoris7
Waardevol lid

Re: NT2 and Nederlands als Vreemde Taal (NavT)

Postby pieter.gr » May 26th, 2009, 3:43 pm

I have heard that obtaining the NT2-II diploma acquits you of any obligation to go through inburgeringsexamen. I will use the diploma for study purposes in The Netherlands as well as when I go register myself to the local town hall. It should be enough, shouldn't it.
pieter.gr
Lid

Postby Vicky » May 28th, 2009, 9:23 am

pieter.gr wrote:I have heard that obtaining the NT2-II diploma acquits you of any obligation to go through inburgeringsexamen. I will use the diploma for study purposes in The Netherlands as well as when I go register myself to the local town hall. It should be enough, shouldn't it.

You are an EU citizen, I believe, so you don't have to do the inburgeringsexamen. But maybe if you want to obtain a Dutch citizenship then maybe you have to. Indeed, NT2 diploma is enough to request the Dutch passport but after a certain time you live here in The Netherlands.

Cheers,

Vicky
Vicky
Superlid

Mother tongue: Kyrgyz
Second language: Russian

Postby pieter.gr » May 28th, 2009, 3:53 pm

Yes, I am an EU citizen and that is what I intend to do. After having lived in The Netherlands for five years I plan to apply for the Dutch citizenship. Glad, there is another useful function of NT2! :-D
pieter.gr
Lid

Postby samelion001 » April 6th, 2011, 8:34 am

you should take a look at a ROC (Regionaal Opleidingscentrum) where they also teach NT2. I think you'll have the most chance being able to do the NT2 test over there and getting information.Pauline when did you start learning Dutch? And how did your progress in the language go?

And what's Programma 2 and why was it difficult?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks From
nice hotels
samelion001
Nieuwkomer

Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: Albanian

Postby daavidfischer » October 18th, 2012, 11:52 am

I am very much interested to learn the Dutch language. I am already proficient in English, French, Hindi and few regional languages. You have specified that we will have to be in Netherlands to write the exam. Could you please let me know if I can study from abroad and write the exams also at home without having to visit Netherlands? Please mention if online exams are available. Thanks!
David Fischer
how to get rid of blackheads on nose
daavidfischer
Banned

Country of residence: India
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Hindi

PreviousNext

Return to NT2-examen & Inburgering