inburgeringexamen

NT2 is 'Nederlands als Tweede Taal' or 'Dutch as a second language. 'Inburgering' is 'integration'. Many people who settle in the Netherlands have to do the 'inburgeringsexamen' or 'Staatsexamen NT2'. In this subforum, you can ask questions about this exam. If you have already done the exam, you are warmly invited to share your experience with us!

inburgeringexamen

Postby Fred » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'll have my inburgeringexamen on March the 21. Assuming that I pass them, how long does it take before I get the results?

Do I need the paper certificate in order to have an appointment at Geemente for Naturalization?

What other documents shall I bring with myself to the Gemeente for this purpose?

I appreciate your kind support beforehand,
Fred
Fred
Nieuwkomer

Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: English

Re: inburgeringexamen

Postby Vicky » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Normally it takes about 8 weeks before you get your exam results.

For all the requirements needed for naturalization you should contact your Gemeente, they should provide you with a list of documents. Your certificate has to be registered at the Gemeente before you apply for a citizenship.

"Benodigde documenten (Required documents)
U hebt de volgende documenten nodig: (you need the following documents)

Een geldig reisdocument (bijvoorbeeld paspoort). (a valid tarvel document, for instance a passport)
Een geldige verblijfsvergunning voor onbepaalde tijd of voor bepaalde tijd met een niet tijdelijk doel. (valid residence permit)
Een gelegaliseerde en vertaalde geboorteakte uit uw land van herkomst. (legalized and translated birth certificate from the country of origin)
Een inburgeringsdiploma of ander bewijs van inburgering.
Er kunnen nog andere documenten nodig zijn. Dit is afhankelijk van uw situatie. Voor meer informatie over de benodigde documenten kunt u contact opnemen met uw gemeente. (Other documents could be requested depending on your situation. For more information about required documents contact your gemeente).

I haven't done this myself yet. I'm planning to do that in August.

Good luck!
Vicky
Superlid

Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Kyrgyz
Second language: Russian
Third language: Dutch (Netherlands)
Fourth language: English (Great Britain)
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: een beetje Slowaaks

Return to NT2-examen & Inburgering