You are here: home > forum > Dutch Cafe > Why Dutch?
RSS RSS   Frequently Asked Questions FAQ   Kwebbelhoekje Chat   View the advanced search options Search   Register Register   Login Login   Exercise Exercise
  Change font size Print view It is currently April 21st, 2014, 10:35 am    

Hello.

Here, you can introduce yourself. What is your reason to learn Dutch? Work or study? A Dutch-speaking loved one? Sheer curiosity? Share it with us!

Hello.

Postby sarawr » December 7th, 2010, 4:33 am

Hey, guys.
I'm new here. I'm a first-year university student from Canada, and I've been learning Dutch for about a month. My major is Linguistics and Language (with a concentration in Japanese). There isn't really any particular reason I'm learning Dutch... my life goal is to be able to speak at least seven languages, and a friend of mine began learning it through Rosetta Stone, and I figured I might as well try it out since I would have someone to learn with. I don't think I know enough to have a good conversation yet, but hopefully this site will help me out.

Wish me luck. (:
sarawr
Nieuwkomer

Country of residence: Canada
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Japanese

Hello.

Sponsor

Do not like ads? Register for free and view this forum without ads.
Sponsor

Re: Hello.

Postby Beygir » December 7th, 2010, 8:36 am

Welcome to the forums sarawr. Yes, the people in here are really helpful and will most probably help you all the way they can :) On your request, I wish you good luck with it ;)
Beygir
Waardevol lid

Country of residence: Turkey
Mother tongue: Turkish
Second language: English

Return to Why Dutch?