Learning Dutch and playing golf

Are you a native Dutch speaker and would you like to help people who are learning Dutch? Here, you can introduce yourself and let people know how you can help - for example through email, Skype, MSN, or live.
timvl
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English (United States)
Second language: Swedish

Learning Dutch and playing golf

Post by timvl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Anyone out there that could help me combine learning/practicing Dutch and doing some golf in the Netherlands? I play better golf than I speak Dutch (and my golf is not that good :P ) but I am trying to learn some Dutch by doing a course and practicing through the internet. I would like to come to the Netherlands during the early summer 2013.

timvl
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English (United States)
Second language: Swedish

Re: Learning Dutch and playing golf

Post by timvl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm

I have moved this to another forum since I have not received one single comment or reply :-?

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Re: Learning Dutch and playing golf

Post by Quetzal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 pm

timvl wrote:I have moved this to another forum since I have not received one single comment or reply :-?
I must admit I was rather surprised by your post. :P Don't think we have any golfers here... it's a small enough community in any case, so yeah, it can happen that a post gets no replies when it makes a more unusual request like that one. Or even when it doesn't, sometimes.

Even for meeting up or just practicing on a messenging program/email, there aren't always too many candidates - many of the most active people here prefer simply limiting their activity to this forum. So you'll see that you'll get reactions fast enough if you practice your Dutch on the forum or ask questions about the language. For other things, not necessarily.

Good luck in any case, though!