Dutch teacher

Are you a native Dutch speaker and would you like to help people who are learning Dutch? Here, you can introduce yourself and let people know how you can help - for example through email, Skype, MSN, or live.
Roland32

Dutch teacher

Post by Roland32 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Hello ,

I am a teacher Dutch. For any questions please pm me or msn! I would like to help! (with youtube!)

[edit by Bieneke: this member is no longer active]
Last edited by Roland32 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

AardeMar
Lid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Portuguese
Second language: English

Post by AardeMar » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:14 am

Hallo, Roland!

Sounds great! Heel goed!:):)

I've been looking for a teacher of Dutch, announcing it everywhere I could, for the regular Dutch native speaker (i.e., not a language professional) is either at a loss at some of my questions and observations, or else thinks I make no sense and am perhaps missing a screw somewhere in my brain;). My husband (Dutch), in turn, who actually has a great feeling for language, has neither the time nor the patience--his 'world' is elsewhere, and I of course respect that.:)

I've been teaching languages, foreign languages, and linguistics, for over 30 years (the last 30, at graduate and post-graduate levels, as well), in a few countries ard the World. I have in addition been doing intensive research in the language area--syntax and semantics, especially, but have also written a phonetics manual--since the mid eighties.
(The area I've concentrated the most in, in the past 15 yrs., is the communicative process, centered on verb/tense/time syntax and semantics, as well as cognition. In a nutshell, the overal research theme could perhaps be described as 'from sound to brain activity, and back to sound,' or 'from the communicative motivation of the native speaker, all the way to the actual communication, and the reverse, i.e., how what has been heard/read has been taken in by the communicatee, which, in turn, brings us back to a new communicative motivation.' I love language, also love the human being--find both incredibly fascinating--and have been a passionate researcher.)

I know (from reading a small Dutch grammar in English) that I can offer some interesting/original food for thought to a Dutch teacher who loves his trade and language, and would like to develop further (i.e., beyond the traditional/standard, in special). And I'd most certainly be willing to pursue the dialogue on whatever idea I could have motivated, directly or indirectly, at the same time making available the large experience I have gathered, both in the classroom and along my research work, over the years.

So I had thought of offering this kind of language-dialogue to a colleague, teacher of Dutch (whatever the level), who'd be at the same time interested in aiding me, as I brave my way through Dutch syntax, morphology and phonology&phonetics, and come across details that I feel I need to understand at a deeper level than offered, in general (I am able to do this thinking, myself--but I at least need an informant who is familiar with Dutch grammar and language structure, and who has both the patience and the curiosity and/or love for language, to allow me to do this 'digging in,' when needed, and provide me whatever the information sought).

If the above sounds good to you, then you are the Dutch teacher that I have been so much looking forward to finding!:) Well, let's see... (Will hold my horses and not get too excited until I hear from you--that is, if I do.)

Pls. send me an e-mail, if the above motivates you.

I still know too little about the Dutch education system, to understand what "NT2" means. But this hardly matters, if at all! If you are educated to teach Dutch, this is the essential, and if you love language and are curious/eager to understand it better, in addition, then this is more than sufficient, as far as I am concerned.

Last, though certainly not least, I shd briefly mention that I feel neither shd be obliged, regarding the language-dialogues that I have mentioned. They shd go on for as long as they are convenient, motivating, and/or profitable for both parties involved. Certainly these dialogues are not to be a burden, but an opportunity to grow and a source of joy and renewed professional energy and understanding.

I really must rush to bed now. I was logging off, but could not resist looking ard a bit more;)...and came across your posting, Roland.

Groeten,
Groeten,
- A.ar.de Mar
"To see a world in a grain of sand / and a heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand / and eternity in an hour." W.Blake

L.Nguyen
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: Vietnamese

Re: Dutch teacher

Post by L.Nguyen » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Dag Rolland,
Mijn naam is Lan .Kunt u mij helpen? In de toekomst wil ik graag een opleiding volgen. Maar ik weet heel zeker dat ik het nu niet kan bereiken. Mijn woordenschat is heel beperkt. Ik woon in Nerdelands slecht 2 jaar. Dus het uitspraak is ook een grote problem voor mij. Als u mij wilt helpen, kunt u met mij contact opnemen. Dit is mijn email-adres : lan_nguyennl_AT_yahoo.com.
Alvast bedankt,
L. Nguyen

[Edit door Bieneke]: E-mailadres aangepast. Voor het correcte e-mailadres: vervang "_AT" door "@". [/edit]

dglopes
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Brazil
Mother tongue: Portuguese (Brazil)

Post by dglopes » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey!
Tks god you are here!
I need a help with two names in dutch.

Lars Spuybroek
and
Rem Koolhaas

Both are dutch architects, very good architects.
Im using their theories and projects in my studies and I want to learn how to pronounce the names because would be good doing it in the presentation about they that I'm making.
Do you know the site:
http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-sp ... -demo.html
I've tried it to pronounce the names, but I dont belive in it. Could you help me?

tks for the help!
Douglas
from Brazil.

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by Bieneke » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:48 pm

'Rem Koolhaas' is pronounced correctly by all three Dutch speakers (Sophie, Femke, Max). For 'Lars Spuybroek' you have to choose Sophie's voice; Femke and Max do not pronounce it correctly. If you replace 'y' by 'i' all three speakers give you the correct pronunciation.
Bieneke

dglopes
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Brazil
Mother tongue: Portuguese (Brazil)

Post by dglopes » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:40 pm

Bieneke wrote:'Rem Koolhaas' is pronounced correctly by all three Dutch speakers (Sophie, Femke, Max). For 'Lars Spuybroek' you have to choose Sophie's voice; Femke and Max do not pronounce it correctly. If you replace 'y' by 'i' all three speakers give you the correct pronunciation.
OH! You're right! Its amazing! Thank you very much!
Finally someone could get the information! tks a lot!
I love you!

leya
Nieuwkomer

Post by leya » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Dag Roland ,

Mijn naam is Leya , en ik ben Roemeense. Ik studeer de Nederlandse taal . Kunt u mij helpen met mijn woordenschat en ook mijn Nederlandse taal te verbeteren?

Als het mogelijk is , will ik toetsen over de Nt 2 examen.

Iemand die kunt mij helpen, vind mij bij boodschapper : uitstekend24 of bij mijn email: uitstekend24@yahoo.com

Alvast bedankt,
Leya

Nausea
Waardevol lid
Country of residence: Sweden
Second language: Swedish
Third language: English
Fourth language: German

Post by Nausea » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 pm

leya wrote:Dag Roland ,

Mijn naam is Leya , en ik ben Roemeense. Ik studeer de Nederlandse taal . Kunt u mij helpen met mijn woordenschat en ook mijn Nederlandse taal te verbeteren?

Als het mogelijk is , will ik toetsen over de Nt 2 examen.

Iemand die kunt mij helpen, vind mij bij boodschapper : uitstekend24 of bij mijn email: uitstekend24@yahoo.com

Alvast bedankt,
Leya
Boodschapper? Ik denk dat je messenger bedoelt. Een boodschapper is een koerier. En ik denk, ik weet het niet zeker omdat ik niet in Nederland woon, dat het woord messenger gebruikt word.

Nausea, die wacht op een commentaar van de experts...
Nausea, die iedereen met een allergie waarschuwt. Het bericht kan sporen van belering en ironie bevatten.

Joke
Retired moderator
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch (in progress...)

Post by Joke » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:37 pm

We zeggen meestal 'MSN'.

Quetzal
Retired moderator
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Dutch (Flanders)

Post by Quetzal » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Joke wrote:We zeggen meestal 'MSN'.
Als het MSN Messenger is. Afgaande op het emailadres kan het ook best Yahoo! Messenger zijn. In Nederland en België heeft iedereen MSN, maar in andere landen zijn andere messengers zoals AIM, ICQ en Yahoo! soms populairder.

Nausea
Waardevol lid

Post by Nausea » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Quetzal wrote:
Joke wrote:We zeggen meestal 'MSN'.
Als het MSN Messenger is. Afgaande op het emailadres kan het ook best Yahoo! Messenger zijn. In Nederland en België heeft iedereen MSN, maar in andere landen zijn andere messengers zoals AIM, ICQ en Yahoo! soms populairder.
Dus wat is je recommendatie? Messenger of niet? Lijkt mij meer een begrip.
Nausea, die iedereen met een allergie waarschuwt. Het bericht kan sporen van belering en ironie bevatten.

Joke
Retired moderator
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch (in progress...)

Post by Joke » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 am

Ja, Messenger dan. In elk geval geen 'Boodschapper'.

leya
Nieuwkomer

Post by leya » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Sorry , ik wilde messenger zeggen.

Nausea
Waardevol lid

Post by Nausea » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Je hoeft je niet te verontschuldigen en je ook nergens voor te schamen. Je bent hier om te leren en messenger is geen Nederlands woord, en dat vind ik best wel slim denken :!:

Nausea, saying that it's the thought that counts!