how to pronounce

Are you learning Dutch and looking for a native Dutch speaker to get some practice? Here, you can write something about yourself, your level of Dutch, your objectives, and your preferred means of communication (email, Skype, MSN, live, etc.).
Arroyo
Lid

how to pronounce

Post by Arroyo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm

hi
i dont know is this right place for such demand so i aplogize if its not, and want to ask could someone upload sound file for txt;
''have a nice winter hollidays and hope we will both have more time to hear next year''
i'm still learning dutch basics so its over my capabilities.

Grytolle
Superlid
Country of residence: Belgium
Mother tongue: Swedish
Second language: English
Third language: Dutch
Fourth language: German

Re: how to pronounce

Post by Grytolle » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Arroyo wrote:hi
i dont know is this right place for such demand so i aplogize if its not, and want to ask could someone upload sound file for txt;
''have a nice winter hollidays and hope we will both have more time to hear next year''
i'm still learning dutch basics so its over my capabilities.
(ik wens je een) fijne kerstvakantie en ik hoop dat we meer tijd voor elkaar zullen kunnen vinden volgend jaar

I assumed that you meant "i hope that we will both have more time for eachother next year".. that "hearing" didn't really make sense to me
I also assumed that you meant "I hope" and not just "hope"

to listen to it, enter this:
(ik wens je) efijne kerstvakantie en ik hoop dat we meer tijd voor elkaar zullen kunnen vinden volgend jaar
here (with the Dutch voice "Femke"): http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-sp ... -demo.html

the bot kept reading "een fijne" as "één fijne", so we had to cheat a little with "efijne"
:-)

Arroyo
Lid

Post by Arroyo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:19 pm

thanks

falcybe
Waardevol lid
Mother tongue: English (Great Britain)
Second language: French
Third language: Italian

Post by falcybe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 pm

hoi Grytolle, mag ik? Ja, het is wel I hope (goed gezien :-D ) maar hope zonder I is mogelijk, denk ' hope met de (') als in we'll, but only in a relaxed sort of way like in Arroyo's sentence. Denk toch aan een bar, een vriend of vijf rond een bier of tien, een onder hen zegt "hope you can make it (come to the party/football/etc) next Saturday". :-D
Nu moet je mijn Nederlands corrigeren :)

Groetjes, Arthur

Grytolle
Superlid

Post by Grytolle » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:30 pm

falcybe wrote:
hoi Grytolle, mag ik? Ja, het is wel I hope (goed gezien :-D ) maar hope zonder I is mogelijk, denk ' hope met de (') als in we'll, but only in a relaxed sort of way like in Arroyo's sentence. Denk toch aan een bar, een vriend of vijf rond een bier of tien, een onder hen zegt "hope you can make it (come to the party/football/etc) next Saturday". :-D
Dat kan inderdaad, maar omdat hij net een imperatief had gebruikt werd de zin dubbelzinnig en/of het tegenovergestelde van wat hij wou zeggen :)

falcybe
Waardevol lid
Mother tongue: English (Great Britain)
Second language: French
Third language: Italian

Post by falcybe » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:48 pm

je bent goed gelijk (ik geef je goed gelijk?) maar ik heb zijn zin gelezen als een 'in de bar' zin en daar heb je een careless way of talking. Hoe zeg je dat in Nederlands? :)
Dus voor me werd er geen tegenovergesteld.
In vol:
I hope you have a nice winter holiday and I hope [that] we will both have more time to talk [together] (denk ik) next year.
Inderdaad, ik heb ook die zin helemaal niet goed begrepen.
de woorden tussen [] zijn zoals je zal weten, in Engels niet nodig.
Groetjes, Arthur

Bieneke
Site Administrator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by Bieneke » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 am

Hi Arroyo,

I think Grytolle's translation is correct, but I changed two things: 1. I moved 'volgend jaar' to the beginning of the second clause (not so important, but that is how I would say it); 2. I skipped 'zullen' because it is not necessary. If you wish to hear the correct pronunciation in the link he provided, make sure to replace "een" by "'n":

Ik wens je 'n fijne kerstvakantie en ik hoop dat we volgend jaar meer tijd voor elkaar kunnen vinden.
Bieneke

Grytolle
Superlid

Post by Grytolle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Bieneke wrote:Hi Arroyo,

I think Grytolle's translation is correct, but I changed two things: 1. I moved 'volgend jaar' to the beginning of the second clause (not so important, but that is how I would say it); 2. I skipped 'zullen' because it is not necessary. If you wish to hear the correct pronunciation in the link he provided, make sure to replace "een" by "'n":

Ik wens je 'n fijne kerstvakantie en ik hoop dat we volgend jaar meer tijd voor elkaar kunnen vinden.
it pronounces 'n as één too, thats why i did that :(