Czech student looking for friends & communication in Dutch

Are you learning Dutch and looking for a native Dutch speaker to get some practice? Here, you can write something about yourself, your level of Dutch, your objectives, and your preferred means of communication (email, Skype, MSN, live, etc.).
smilee
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Czech Republic
Mother tongue: Czech
Second language: English (Great Britain)
Third language: German

Czech student looking for friends & communication in Dutch

Post by smilee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi:) I study in Brno and want to move to the Netherlands someday (after college). I attend a language course, but I really want to know someone from the Netherlands who will help my with this beautiful language and maybe tell me something more about the Netherlands, lifestyle, culture etc.

ngonyama
Superlid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch, Xhosa

Re: Czech student looking for friends & communication in Dutch

Post by ngonyama » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Smilee

I no longer live in the Netherlands so I cannot help you there, but if you want me to correct some Dutch texts (like Shazzy does) I'll be happy to do that. Or if you have trouble with our funny grammar or so, do ask. Of course, getting to know someone face-to-face is better and maybe others here will be willing to skype with you (my time zone is a bit awkward), but every medium has its own advantages and disadvantages. Typing things here will help your written Dutch more, which is just another component of a language and has its own merit. Important thing is to just get started: so write some Dutch for me.