Help translating

Are you learning Dutch and looking for a native Dutch speaker to get some practice? Here, you can write something about yourself, your level of Dutch, your objectives, and your preferred means of communication (email, Skype, MSN, live, etc.).
Heather_jo_j
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English (United States)

Help translating

Post by Heather_jo_j » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:22 am

Hoi, I am looking for someone who is able to read Dutch handwriting. I usually do well with typed notes but I received one that was written and having it translated for exact meaning is important to me. The note is short and shouldn't take much of your time. I do know the premise of the note, I just need clarification that I understood it all correctly. If you are able to assist I would be forever grateful. Thank you kindly for your time.

Heather Jo
Attachments
image.jpg
(188.6 KiB) Downloaded 1483 times

Vilmos
Superlid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: Afrikaans
Fourth language: German

Re: Help translating

Post by Vilmos » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 am

What did you read? I read:

"Lieve ..., het was heerlijk ... hebben. Laat 't niet de laatste keer zijn dat ik je zie ok? ok! Heel veel liefs van Dire(?)"

Heather_jo_j
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English (United States)

Post by Heather_jo_j » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:33 am

That is about what I thought... It's just the beginning that throws me off. Maybe a reference to dinner or was it about the whole visit being nice. Weird the way she phrased it, i thought it was my translating. I guess either way works. Thank you.

grizzler
Lid
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English

Post by grizzler » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:50 pm

It's "het was heerlijk je hier te hebben", so definitely a reference to a visit.