Looking for transcription assistance

Are you learning Dutch and looking for a native Dutch speaker to get some practice? Here, you can write something about yourself, your level of Dutch, your objectives, and your preferred means of communication (email, Skype, MSN, live, etc.).
jvanroekel
Lid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English (United States)

Looking for transcription assistance

Post by jvanroekel » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:22 pm

I am looking for transcription assistance with a late sixteenth century Dutch fight book. It is written in a cursive book-hand that is very difficult for me to work from; familiar words are easy for me, but unfamiliar ones are nearly imposable, so I suspect that for a native Dutch speaker, this might not be a huge challenge. The total text comes out to about 4 pages of handwritten text, but each page is only partially filled, so it might be more accurate to say that it is about five paragraphs plus headings. I am not looking for a translation, just to have the text typed out as it appears in the document.

Because of my use-agreement with the document’s owner, I cannot put the images up here, and I would have to insist that they not be posted online. I would be more than willing to reimburse you for your time, although because this is for personal study only I don’t have a huge budget.

If you think you might be interested, let me know and I can email you a snippet of the text so that you can decide if it looks like something you would be willing to tackle.

Thank you in advance:
John

jvanroekel
Lid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: English (United States)

Re: Looking for transcription assistance

Post by jvanroekel » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Actually, it looks like it is OK for me to post a snippet, so that is available here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1027160316 ... directlink

saragomsa
Nieuwkomer
Mother tongue: English

Re: Looking for transcription assistance

Post by saragomsa » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm

The transcription of would not be an easy one, I will try my best to do it for you. The main problem is its format, by the time check out http://techandscience.com/techblog/Show ... px?ID=4389