Translation of an early modern Dutch inscription on a 17th century- painting

Are you learning Dutch and looking for a native Dutch speaker to get some practice? Here, you can write something about yourself, your level of Dutch, your objectives, and your preferred means of communication (email, Skype, MSN, live, etc.).
cch1
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: United Kingdom
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Mandarin

Translation of an early modern Dutch inscription on a 17th century- painting

Post by cch1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:31 am

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this early modern Dutch inscription on a painting:

'Dit sijn de lijcken van Jan ende Cornelis de Witt door een voornaem schilder naer het leeven afgeschildert soo als deselven des avonts ten elff ueren noch aenden wip hingen. Cornelis is die geene sonder pairuque. Jan de Witt met sijn eijgen hair. Dit is het eenichste principaal naer het leven gedaen den XX augusti MDCLXXII en daerom veel gelt waerdich.'

I believe this is the modern Dutch version:
Dit zijn de lijken van Jan en Cornelis de Witt door een vooraanstaand schilder naar het leven geschilderd, zoals zij 's avonds om elf uur nog aan de wip hingen. Cornelis is degene zonder pruik. Jan de Witt heeft zijn eigen haar. Dit is het enige schilderij naar het leven geschilderd op 20e augustus 1672 en daarom veel geld waard.

I've run this through google translate and tried to change the words to suit the context:
These are the corpses of Jan and Cornelis de Witt by a distinguished painter from life, as they still hung on the gallows at eleven in the evening. Cornelis is the one without a wig. Jan de Witt has his own hair. This is the only painting painted from life on 20th August 1672 and therefore worth a lot of money.

Is this accurate?

Thank you very much! :)

BrutallyFrank
Global moderator
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French

Re: Translation of an early modern Dutch inscription on a 17th century- painting

Post by BrutallyFrank » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:26 am

Dit is een goede vertaling.
"Moenie worrie nie, alles sal reg kom" (maar hy het nie gesê wanneer nie!)