Inburgering exam preparation

NT2 is 'Nederlands als Tweede Taal' or 'Dutch as a second language. 'Inburgering' is 'integration'. Many people who settle in the Netherlands have to do the 'inburgeringsexamen' or 'Staatsexamen NT2'. In this subforum, you can ask questions about this exam. If you have already done the exam, you are warmly invited to share your experience with us!
vodolijka
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Ukrainian
Second language: Russian
Third language: English

Inburgering exam preparation

Post by vodolijka » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I want to take an inburgering exam somewhere in spring 2016. I will complete my A1 course by Christmas 2015. Do you think it's possible to advance my level to A2 and prepare for inburgering exam by self-studying Dutch? If so, which books, apps, movies with subtitles or any other learning materials would you recommend?

I just don't feel like lessons in a group of 15 people once a week (that's what I do now) is the best option to learn the language...

Gr.,
Vodolijka

ngonyama
Superlid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Second language: English
Third language: German
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch, Xhosa

Re: Inburgering exam preparation

Post by ngonyama » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Those lessons may be useful, please don't rely on just that, no.... The more you can do on your own in whatever way, the better. You will see that those lesson will also be more useful, if you do a lot yourself. There is plenty on the internet you can use and if you are in the Netherlands you can also turn any interaction you have with Dutch speakers into a mini-lesson. Even if it is just for that one word or short phrase they are willing to help you say.

I don't know what the exams are like and so I cannot comment on that.

As to what I would recommend: I am terribly, terribly biased :D because I wrote this https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Dutch. But honestly: there are lost of other things and you must shop around a bit and find what suits you best.

yogeshhadia
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Netherlands
Mother tongue: Hindi
Third language: Dutch

Post by yogeshhadia » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:51 pm

yes
Last edited by yogeshhadia on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sam4u
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: India
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Hindi

Post by Sam4u » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:47 pm

Could you let me know if you get any info vodolijka as I too am interested in doing the exam... tx!

Ale
Lid
Mother tongue: Spanish
Third language: French
Fourth language: Dutch
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Speaking fluently more than two languages is already being a polyglot, FYI

Post by Ale » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:49 am

Hi!

There is a lot of useful material available online, yet I think it is key to do many tests before, starting with those offered at the Inburgeren website: you arrive familiarized with the system, and the questions do no differ much from those you will answer when doing the tests.

Link: https://inburgeren.nl/examen-doen.jsp

ngonyama
Superlid
Country of residence: United States
Mother tongue: Dutch (Netherlands)
Fourth language: French
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Russisch, Xhosa

Post by ngonyama » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:35 am

Ale wrote:Hi!

There is a lot of useful material available online, yet I think it is key to do many tests before, starting with those offered at the Inburgeren website: you arrive familiarized with the system, and the questions do no differ much from those you will answer when doing the tests.

Forgive my ignorance, Ale, but I have no idea what/how these exams are. How fluent do you really need to be?

Ale
Lid
Mother tongue: Spanish
Third language: French
Fourth language: Dutch
Fifth, sixth, seventh, ..., languages: Speaking fluently more than two languages is already being a polyglot, FYI

Post by Ale » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:31 pm

ngonyama wrote:
Ale wrote:Hi!

Forgive my ignorance, Ale, but I have no idea what/how these exams are. How fluent do you really need to be?

Hi!

It is level A2, which is equivalent to an almost intermediate command of the language. The exams I mentioned are just the toets available on the website of the Inburgeren service (menu option: "examen doen"), which whatever happens with my pending scores, helped me get used to the software used on the computers on the day of the exam, and to practice more confidently, by knowing I was truly using tests as similar as possible to the real deal.

Perhaps people should just try those tests and evaluate their own level with them. You get the results inmediately after finishing each test, and I think said results are a great indicator of how ready one is, or not, for the real exam.

Fahimeh
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Germany
Mother tongue: Persian
Fourth language: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by Fahimeh » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi there,
Does anyone know how often the inburgering exam takes place?
(I live in Germany)