NT2-1 and NT2-2 - the most cost effective route?

NT2 is 'Nederlands als Tweede Taal' or 'Dutch as a second language. 'Inburgering' is 'integration'. Many people who settle in the Netherlands have to do the 'inburgeringsexamen' or 'Staatsexamen NT2'. In this subforum, you can ask questions about this exam. If you have already done the exam, you are warmly invited to share your experience with us!
floelynn
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Malaysia
Mother tongue: English
Second language: Malay

NT2-1 and NT2-2 - the most cost effective route?

Post by floelynn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi All,
I'm planning to take Dutch Language courses/lessons for the purpose of NT2 exam. After going through the forum, I would prefer to take the exam for NT2-2 instead of NT2-1. I've been learning Dutch at home alone and this year I am interested in taking lessons so I can also interact with other people. I understand that I am required to take an exam within 3 years after arrival and NT2-1 exam is more than enough for me. I would prefer to take NT2-2 exam for the reason of getting a job for skilled professionals.

In terms of taking courses/lessons, I am unsure if it is better (in general and also in cost) to take classes/courses from a University or from a Language center.

Can I take lessons/courses for NT2-2 straight without doing lessons/courses specifically tailored for NT2-1?

I also read in the forums how some of them are assigned to the wrong classes and have to endure lessons that are not on the appropriate level, thus wasting time and money. If this is true, what do I have to do to avoid this?

I've been learning Dutch at home alone and this year I am interested in taking lessons so I can also interact with other people.

I live in Zoetermeer and would be interested in courses around Zoetermeer, Den Haag and also Leiden.

Can anyone be of help or share some ideas/thoughts on this?

Thank you. Looking forward to hear from all of you.

myrrwna
Nieuwkomer
Country of residence: Ã…land Islands Ã…land
Mother tongue: Romanian
Second language: English

Re: NT2-1 and NT2-2 - the most cost effective route?

Post by myrrwna » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm

I am gona answer at two questions

Can I take lessons/courses for NT2-2 straight without doing lessons/courses specifically tailored for NT2-1?

- yes, i've heard that you can do it if you take an exam first to see that you are abil for Nt2-1. ask more info at secretariaat :)

And how can avoid to not be subscribe wrong is to check all info on the paper that the person who help you subscribe on the curse, give to you. or maybe dont pay anything until you are sure that is what you want.